• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 4, 2013
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIBS! SEE YOU IN YELLOW IN 2014! :D

Cheers!

vincenzo-nibali_Lapresse-tlf_258.jpg

My sentiments exactly...Nibs in Yellow 2014 ;) :D

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have posted the news in transfer thread but I think post in this thread is needed too:

Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos Nov 13th
So Slongo moving to Astana to rejoin Nibali, and former T-Mobile, HTC and Katusha coach Sebastian Weber replacing him at Cannondale.

Good news for Nibali and pobably Aru:)

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
fear of speed is non exsistent + a natural technique for the corners = awesome driver:D

Yeah, and not surprisingly his buddy Agnoli seemingly got 2nd, and Kessiakoff third.

So much for sprinters being speed demons

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
So no TA for Nibbles, but Paris-Nice. Interesting choice.

I bet he wants to win the 'French sister' to.

Also interesting to see how it will work out with MSR, where he has more chance now with the new route.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
His schedule:

San Luis, Oman, Paris-Nice, M-SR, Crit. Intern., AGL, L-B-L, Romandie, Dauphine, Tour de France.

Definitely will not be a factor he was in last years at Ardennes with this schedule, but could have a shot at winning Romandie, although with Froome there, its doubtful. Other than that, no surprise really. Good prep for both MSR and Tour, his two big goals.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Flamin said:

No prep for it really ? Can't you see that from the schedule ?

Even his DS admitted it.. it looks obvious.

“The idea of bringing him to the Tour of Flanders is growing stronger,” he said. “He’ll do Amstel and Liège, although I don’t know if we’ll see the same extraordinary Nibali of last season.”

May 19, 2011
Visit site
so Nibali is going to win Milan Sanremo and ToF next year :D

“Milan-Sanremo will be raced in an alternate way,” Nibali said according to La Gazzetta. “I have to find time to go the new ascent of Pompeiana. Last year, without all the cold, I would have attacked on the Cipressa. This year, I want to try that again,” Nibali said of the climb that crests more than 30 kilometres out from the finish in Sanremo.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...dor-pay-a-visit-to-McLaren.aspx#ixzz2mZvuT1JR

maxmartin said:
so Nibali is going to win Milan Sanremo and ToF next year :D

“Milan-Sanremo will be raced in an alternate way,” Nibali said according to La Gazzetta. “I have to find time to go the new ascent of Pompeiana. Last year, without all the cold, I would have attacked on the Cipressa. This year, I want to try that again,” Nibali said of the climb that crests more than 30 kilometres out from the finish in Sanremo.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...dor-pay-a-visit-to-McLaren.aspx#ixzz2mZvuT1JR

Well I surely expect him to show himself in both :) Darned it sure would be nice if he could add MSR to his palmares. A monument is a real feather in the cap of a GT rider!

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't see him winning MSR. If he attacks on the Poggio, he will drag riders with him who are faster. If he attacks on the Pompeiana, he will do the same, or commit suïcide, because no way he can survive that on his own.

Podium in the Tour and MSR will be great for Nibbles. I see him win PN however.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
He already has both of those on his palmares and he is stronger now :) He will take down a classic soon!

A classic is more in reach than the Tour. I just can't see Nibbles win a Tour. If he does, i will donate all my money to Vino:D

TRENDING THREADS