• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 168 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:
No doubts no more:

He's ready to fight for the Title

have a little faith my friend, his whole season is designed around the Tour. TBH, I think this maybe his last chance to try to win the Tour. If he can't, I think he will focus more on the Giro and Vuelta. 100th Giro is coming very soon.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Congrats Nibali, nice win.

Don't understand why nobody chased him though :confused:

they are at their limits, if spend more energy they couldn't sprint for the win. I don't see any team has more pawns to spend at that time

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

30% don't have the guts, 30% don't have the class, 10% wants to profit from the work of others (Sagan), 10% are not in the position to do it, 19% don't have the legs and 1% is Valverde.

Well I haven't stopped beaming since Vincenzo made the move :). It was a great move, great teamwork by Astana, especially Birdsong. So wonderful for Nibs to get a stage win and the yellow jersey in Le Tour, it makes me Smile.

Damn I was out of the chair jumping around and screaming him in!!!!

At least he has a decent jersey to wear now. Have to admit that in that atrocious Nat Champ jersey they gave him at least he was easy to pick out. That is all I can say for it.....

It's still at the early stages of the tour but at the moment Fuglsang seems like the strongest non-leader in this year's tour (stronger than Porte, Roche/Rogers or anyone else). Tactically today's stage was brilliant by Astana. We saw Froome take the role as Superman and chase down a lieutenant only to be unable to respond when the leader attacked! Great win by Nibali!

Carols said:
Well I haven't stopped beaming since Vincenzo made the move :). It was a great move, great teamwork by Astana, especially Birdsong. So wonderful for Nibs to get a stage win and the yellow jersey in Le Tour, it makes me Smile.

Damn I was out of the chair jumping around and screaming him in!!!!

At least he has a decent jersey to wear now. Have to admit that in that atrocious Nat Champ jersey they gave him at least he was easy to pick out. That is all I can say for it.....

I actually like that jersey. I know the colors aren't quite matched, but the Astana blue with the tricolor reminds me a bit of the Azzurri. So there. :p

Hey Vino

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Greets, Vincenzo

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Hey Vino

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Greets, Vincenzo

What has Vino done? :confused:

LaFlorecita said:

The Sagan factor. Anyone chasing would likely have brought Sagan up too, and then it's game over. Still, why settle for a guaranteed loss, rather than a possible loss? I'm always disappointed when that happens.

It has nothing to do with guts or class from the back, but seizing the moment when it arises for whom that moment is not to be missed.

For Nibali that moment was up and he seized it, for which he certainly displayed guts and class, though that doesn't mean the others didn't.

Contador, without a trampolin (i.e. ramp to the finish), was too marked, the same with Froome. Of the three Nibali needs to acrue marginal gains and he nailed it. Bravo.

But on the big GC stages, Nibali will not have such a leash.

Having said that grande Nibali!

TRENDING THREADS