• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 170 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
"I'm happy. I perhaps made a mistake in the last three but I'm happy for Vincenzo, very happy. I didn’t follow him when he attacked. I also knew that if I chased him down, somebody else would have attacked, so I'm happy he won."

Sagan and Nibali raced together at the Liquigas team before Nibali moved to Astana. They have swapped favours as teammates and on rival teams. Cannondale could prove to be a useful ally for Nibali later in the Tour de France, too.

"He's helped a lot of times in the past, at Tirreno-Adriatico when I won and I can remember at the Tour of Oman too. We're friends. I'm happy for him," Sagan said.

maxmartin said:
"I'm happy. I perhaps made a mistake in the last three but I'm happy for Vincenzo, very happy. I didn’t follow him when he attacked. I also knew that if I chased him down, somebody else would have attacked, so I'm happy he won."

Sagan and Nibali raced together at the Liquigas team before Nibali moved to Astana. They have swapped favours as teammates and on rival teams. Cannondale could prove to be a useful ally for Nibali later in the Tour de France, too.

"He's helped a lot of times in the past, at Tirreno-Adriatico when I won and I can remember at the Tour of Oman too. We're friends. I'm happy for him," Sagan said.

Sagan misses Nibbs for sure:) They seem to get along very well :)

maxmartin said:
Nibali seems to get along very well with any of his teammates, I haven't heard any pro said any bad things about him.

never meant to say he doesn't & haven't heard the contrary on his teammates either- I just wanted to say Vincenzo & Peter seem to have a great Chemistry between them, even after gone separate ways :)

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Watching the last kilometers of the race again and got to credit Jakob Fuglsang - he was great - well done to Astana :p

:cool: would be so cool if Nibali really is in Giro 2013 form. We'll see ...

...I doubt Nibbs will be able to pull off another sneak attack, though.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Birdsong such a bad mouth, in the interview he said he hope last year Vuelta scenario won't happen in this year tour. He also said "attack" order was given on the radio, but he was not sure who this order was given to because he did not understand what was said on the radio (maybe italian), but he went to attack anyway.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Looked to me like this was very emotional for him, and the pressure has been lifted somewhat from his shoulders now. Think that it was more important for him to celebrate that, than the extra 2 seconds

Agree, he's been having a pretty bad season and not been able to live up to what he achieve last year and likely his own expectations as well. But now things are finally rolling. Wins the Italian champs, now a stage of the Tour and in yellow. The time he took to celebrate likely wouldn't make that much difference anyway.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, after today's stage, Nibali's coach said he would be worried about AC and CF's form, because they have been good for such a long time. The the the British (or maybe Australian) commentator cuts in said Nibali's coach is such old school mentality, in modern cycling a rider could peak all year around. LOL let's see who is going to be right.

maxmartin said:
Interesting, after today's stage, Nibali's coach said he would be worried about AC and CF's form, because they have been good for such a long time. The the the British (or maybe Australian) commentator cuts in said Nibali's coach is such old school mentality, in modern cycling a rider could peak all year around. LOL let's see who is going to be right.

LOL :D

Commentators, you think they would know their stuff.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
Agree, he's been having a pretty bad season and not been able to live up to what he achieve last year and likely his own expectations as well. But now things are finally rolling. Wins the Italian champs, now a stage of the Tour and in yellow. The time he took to celebrate likely wouldn't make that much difference anyway.

you changed your avatar so quickly:D

TRENDING THREADS