• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 189 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 28, 2010
Visit site
Shame for Contador, I was looking forward to Nibbles defending like a champ and attacking at unexpected moments.

Well, Porte might go full radioactive... And surely Valverde won't have a better chance to do something? (He's Valverde though) However, there is no excuse if Nibbles doesn't win this.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, not the way I wanted things to turn out. I really hope Nibali destroys all competition and shows how good he is even without his two biggest competitors

Of course Porte could somehow win, which would be the end of me following cycling

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
Yeah, not the way I wanted things to turn out. I really hope Nibali destroys all competition and shows how good he is even without his two biggest competitors

Of course Porte could somehow win, which would be the end of me following cycling

Same here. He'll win this fairly easily I beleive. Terribly sad it's under these conditions however.

But can't dwell on that too much. Allez Nibs, go show us you would have won anyways. :)

Forunculo said:
Well without Alberto I don't have dual loyalties anymore. Forza Vincenzo.:p

He can win the 3GT. It's his moment

Me too!!! It was tough being split between two. I'm incredibly sad for Alberto :( Just as I would be if it were Nibs.

This is Nibs chance and time, he will go for it! Just a shame it is happening like this.....

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
maxmartin said:
hopefully doubters can shut up this time:D

Weird day and Nibali again the beneficiary of misfortune by others. He rode calmly but again, did not have a lot of help around him but didn't need it. The high mountains will be the real test and I can't peg any candidate as the prime challenger. Astana will be working hard from here on.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Nibbles in last 5 years:

8GTs started: 6 podiums (2 wins) + 1 TDF in progress looking very very good.

Excellent rider. Probably not the very top tier of legends, but surely an all-time great in the making.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Oldman said:
Weird day and Nibali again the beneficiary of misfortune by others. He rode calmly but again, did not have a lot of help around him but didn't need it. The high mountains will be the real test and I can't peg any candidate as the prime challenger. Astana will be working hard from here on.

Told you Tony G won't make it.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jspear said:
I never doubted that he could handle the competition that he had today. I expect nothing less from him than the overall win. I doubted back when Froome and AC were in the race.

tour is one man show in recent years, makes you miss AC and AS era. lol

TRENDING THREADS