• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 190 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
SafeBet said:
It's a shame Alberto is not here to challenge Nibali. Would've been an epic battle. Fans will never give him enough credit in case he wins. They will only talk about second tier field, crashes and so on. Shameful really.

Come on,they did the same crap with Wiggins,real cycling fans will always recognize the merits of a TDF winner.If Nibali wins this,is not a less worthy winner then Contador or Froome.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:
It's a shame Alberto is not here to challenge Nibali. Would've been an epic battle. Fans will never give him enough credit in case he wins. They will only talk about second tier field, crashes and so on. Shameful really.

VDB said AC was taking risk, a surprising attack on Nibali's terrian? But there is also report said AC was hitting a pothole

May 19, 2011
Visit site
MBotero said:
Come on,they did the same crap with Wiggins,real cycling fans will always recognize the merits of a TDF winner.If Nibali wins this,is not a less worthy winner then Contador or Froome.

Absolutely, only fanatic IDs will jump up and down

OMFG!!!!! I had to take a break after the loss of Alberto but due to the dvr was just able to finish watching the long concluded stage. Thank You Shark!!!! There is absolutely no doubt that the strongest man left in the race is in the lead :) Just stay on the bike Vincenzo, stay on the bike!!!! OMFG :):)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
tour is one man show in recent years, makes you miss AC and AS era. lol

It makes me miss that racing. But I'm just going to enjoy Nibs dominance now. :) No point in dwelling on what could have been.

SafeBet said:

+1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No way. Not unless he wins a Tour against real competition.
Have you missed the first clause in my statement? I didn't call Nibbles a Merckx or an Anquetil or a Hinault or a Contador for that matter (the "not the very top tier of legends" part) I know you're bummed for Contador, but try to calm down a bit. Have a cup of tea, some nice apple cake and then come back.

Nibbles is on course for a career GT slam, 3rd GT win and a 7th GT podium. I'd love to know who qualifies as a truly excellent rider if Nibbles doesn't.

Bad for Bertie, that's life. Now let's move on. I was sure somehow that Nibali will go for the win in this stage. And he did it. It's called panache. Even if he will have 5 minutes until Hautacam I think he will go for it. He has honored the yellow jersey in a spectacular way since he was wearing it, he has honor and balls. To Paris!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
Bad for Bertie, that's life. Now let's move on. I was sure somehow that Nibali will go for the win in this stage. And he did it. It's called panache. Even if he will have 5 minutes until Hautacam I think he will go for it. He has honored the yellow jersey in a spectacular way since he was wearing it, he has honor and balls. To Paris!

He has to, just for the sake to shut some mouths. Otherwise the media will be full of what if, not worthy winner nonsense.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how reliable it is, but according to gazzetta.it Nibali was actually 8 seconds faster than Froome in the last 5.8 kms on the same climb and now holds the record for the highest VAM ever recorded at the Tour (1872).

Any truth to that? Is it even relevant?

TRENDING THREADS