• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 299 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

HelloDolly said:
So according to ITV he threw a bidon at Froome whom he erroneously blamed for the Crash . When this happened previously it was DQ offence ?

Been DQs in the past with people throwing bottles, don't see how this is any different. Would certainly take away from the race though. That said, if he does get thrown out, Nibali will win a GT this year, compared to none if he doesn't :p

There are a few possible explanations.

1. A skinny guy fell over him. He thought it was Froome when in fact it was Barguil.
2. The yellow jersey caused the crash. He thought it was Froome when in fact it was Tony Martin
3. Valverde told him it was Froome.
4. Froome told him "It wasn't me". Nibali doesn't understand English well. He understood "It was me"
5. Nibali isn't tranquillo any more.

Re:

Rollthedice said:

1. A skinny guy fell over him. He thought it was Froome when in fact it was Barguil.
2. The yellow jersey caused the crash. He thought it was Froome when in fact it was Tony Martin
4. Froome told him "It wasn't me". Nibali doesn't understand English well. He understood "It was me"

Froome speaks perfect Italian so there was no language barrier involved.

Re:

Rollthedice said:

6. Nibali reads this forum, so thinks Froome is a bad bike handler and automatically blamed him. :p

Re:

SkyTears said:
do you have a link to a video showing Nibali throw a bottle? would be very interesting to see

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-el-triunfo-de-stybar-y-la-caida-final-video-09-07-2015

Go to 1:46 on the video and you can see Nibali lobbing the bottle at Froome (He has an Astana rider either side of him but the national bands give him away). About 7 seconds later on the video you see Froome mouthing something at Nibali and the bidon is just in front of Froome's bike.

Re: Re:

JRanton said:
SkyTears said:
do you have a link to a video showing Nibali throw a bottle? would be very interesting to see

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-el-triunfo-de-stybar-y-la-caida-final-video-09-07-2015

Go to 1:46 on the video and you can see Nibali lobbing the bottle at Froome (He has an Astana rider either side of him but the national bands give him away). About 7 seconds later on the video you see Froome mouthing something at Nibali and the bidon is just in front of Froome's bike.

I couldn't see this. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place? 5 times I still couldn't see it. How did Nibali manage that if Froome managed to ride away after the bump? Pretty impressive arm if he managed to throw a water bottle (near empty I'd imagine) at a stick 100m away from him. Maybe it's just me, but I don't believe it, I just can't see the actual bottle, and at I swear 1:46 Nibali has his arms on his bike? Help me actually see it, thanks :)

Brullnux said:
JRanton said:
SkyTears said:

I couldn't see this. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place? 5 times I still couldn't see it. How did Nibali manage that if Froome managed to ride away after the bump? Pretty impressive arm if he managed to throw a water bottle (near empty I'd imagine) at a stick 100m away from him. Maybe it's just me, but I don't believe it, I just can't see the actual bottle, and at I swear 1:46 Nibali has his arms on his bike? Help me actually see it, thanks :)
I can't see it either, well I see something happening in that Astana group but I can't see what.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

JRanton said:
SkyTears said:

I don't see it

Brullnux said:
JRanton said:
SkyTears said:

I could see the bottle pretty clearly. However, it's hard too see if he actually throws it at Froome , but given the following events, it's not impossible. And Froome did not rode away after the crash even though he didn't hit the ground. He stopped for some reason.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Brullnux said:
JRanton said:
SkyTears said:

Froome was stopped on the right side of the road, not too far ahead

Of course Nibali threw it at Froome. Nibali said himself that he was (wrongly) very angry with Froome immediately after the crash and you can see the bidon on the floor right in front of Froome.

Froome then ends up going around to the Astana bus to complain. 2+2 equals 4 in this case.

Re:

Brullnux said:
I see something, but Nibali has blue bidons, the thing I saw was yellow-ish. Also not sure about the second bit about a bidon at Froome's feet, is that even Froome? Something happened but I don't really know what. Has Froome said anything?

Yes, it's Froome. I've just watched it back on the highlights programme on a widescreen TV in HD and the incident is as clear as day.

TRENDING THREADS