• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 401 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nibali has always worked for his teammates when asked to.
He will be helpful in the third week in case Aru needs him, I'm 100% sure about this. And yes he'll be fresher than all the top guys come the end of the Tour (Valverde being the only exception, cause he's a freak).

Re:

SafeBet said:
Nibali has always worked for his teammates when asked to.
He will be helpful in the third week in case Aru needs him, I'm 100% sure about this. And yes he'll be fresher than all the top guys come the end of the Tour (Valverde being the only exception, cause he's a freak).

I can't see that happening. Not with the Giro in his legs. If he was that fresh he would make the podium which he won't. The next two days should be very interesting and should thin out the GC rivals pretty well.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
He should save himself for the Alpes and maybe help Aru if they have some evil plan.
He is not recovered after Giro and stage win these days are impossible for him.

He is always better in bad weather though. Still, I hope he is allowed to join the race for the KotM with Pinot and Majka now that Aru is shown to not be in great form. Nibali hangs in there and works for his team even though he is likely leaving it at the end of the season. Contador just quits on his team despite being in perfect form for a top 5, a stage or KotM. Any criticism of Nibali should be multiplied x10 against Confador.

Re:

Fergoose said:
He is always better in bad weather though. Still, I hope he is allowed to join the race for the KotM with Pinot and Majka now that Aru is shown to not be in great form. Nibali hangs in there and works for his team even though he is likely leaving it at the end of the season. Contador just quits on his team despite being in perfect form for a top 5, a stage or KotM. Any criticism of Nibali should be multiplied x10 against Confador.

Aru is still well in contention, being just 1.23 down.

He might not stand a chance of winning the Tour, but his race is far from over and we all know he is a damn fighter.
Impossible that Nibali is left free of his super-domestique duties at the moment.

If Aru lost a few more mins, and above all any real chance of getting a podium spot, than it would be Nibali's show time.

TRENDING THREADS