• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 530 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Lo squalo di messina said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Complete opposite luck to the 2016 Giro. I don't wish it to him but it had to happen at some time
Well yes kick a man while he s down because of a dumb *** mfer. You do realise its the dutch who are part of the problem?
Calm the **** down. Didn't I tell you on a previous page it was a stupid Dutch fan and I'm sorry that it happened.

I'm just saying, with all the luck he had in the past it could had to happen at some point. He can't do anything about it, that's just bad luck.

But Nibali fans especially always attributed this to some sort of skill. Which it isn't, it's just luck, and it sucks.

Watch your words the next time.

I m not watching my words sorry. Your comment is entirely unneccesary and unfair to nibali.
First of all i never ever talked about nibali voodoo and i did that for a reason.
Second you should really listen to kruijswijck and hear how he admits himself that he was in trouble on agnello.
You could see the momentum shift on the agnello. His own words were I **** it up. This was fatigue and panic because nibs started to accelerate right before the top.
Kruijswijck crash was NOT because of bad luck.

Chill out folks, Regardless of what’s happened in the past it’s a very unfortunate accident and I think everyone agrees it’s massively unlucky as he was going along nicely until that point.

Let’s not let it get out of hand.

Gigs_98 said:
Those two crashes arent comparable and i think most are able to see that.
I rest my case.
The thing is, I agree Kruijswijk wasn't unlucky as his crash was his own fault, however Nibali was lucky that Kruijswijk made that mistake
And that is my point. It's luck that your biggest competitor who has 4 minutes advantages decides to crash into a snow wall. It's not some sort of skill.
Just as it is (bad) luck to hit a spectator due to a flare obscuring sight.

Everything is luck. And that was the annoying thing from the Giro 2016. That people like squalo di messina attributed this not to luck, but to Nibali's skill. That was ridicolous. Kruijswijk made a stupid mistake, and Nibali was lucky with that. Just as he is terribly unlucky now (but he'll be a world champion by the end of the year)

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Total gibberish. While Kruijswijk admitted he was at his limit. He wasn't panicking or anything in the descent. But it's another discussion. You speak with emotion more than reason.

Still no reason at all to call people words. I've reported you with good reason

He did not call you words though, so I am not sure what you are reporting.

I find it funny that you are acting all outraged when in fact it is clear you got the reaction you were looking for so we can all go back discussing the giro 2016. Too bad somebody else took the bait.

A couple of ppl here want to put the boot in after nibali was taken out by a spectator. This is in bad taste. He did not crash into the spectator. The spectator leaned in to take a picture and the camera strap caught nibali's bike and catapulted him off. It was in no way Nibali's fault. When riders crash without interference it can be put down to bike handling. That is completely different to what happened to Nibali yesterday. He still has a good chance to win the WC. The tragedy is that he was in great shape and his chance of a second tdf was unfairly taken away from him.

dfromdub said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Total gibberish. While Kruijswijk admitted he was at his limit. He wasn't panicking or anything in the descent. But it's another discussion. You speak with emotion more than reason.

I find it funny that you are acting all outraged when in fact it is clear you got the reaction you were looking for so we can all go back discussing the giro 2016. Too bad somebody else took the bait.
He literally called me a d*mb motherf*****. Probably edited by mods right now

Dekker_Tifosi said:
dfromdub said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

He literally called me a d*mb motherf*****. Probably edited by mods right now
no i didnt. That was aimed at the guy who brought nibs down.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gigs_98 said:
Those two crashes arent comparable and i think most are able to see that.
I rest my case.
The thing is, I agree Kruijswijk wasn't unlucky as his crash was his own fault, however Nibali was lucky that Kruijswijk made that mistake
And that is my point. It's luck that your biggest competitor who has 4 minutes advantages decides to crash into a snow wall. It's not some sort of skill.
Just as it is (bad) luck to hit a spectator due to a flare obscuring sight.

Everything is luck. And that was the annoying thing from the Giro 2016. That people like squalo di messina attributed this not to luck, but to Nibali's skill. That was ridicolous. Kruijswijk made a stupid mistake, and Nibali was lucky with that. Just as he is terribly unlucky now (but he'll be a world champion by the end of the year)
Will he even go to the WC in good form? That is a big question.

Even if he will be in proper form, this one day race is unpredictable, it's not a given that the strongest wins, so many variables and due to the parcours it will probably be mayhem. On top there will be no radios allowed and who knows maybe even rain. Nibali will certainly be one of the top favorites and if he hits last year's Lombardia form he is most likely to win but it will be very hard.

Re:

postmanhat said:
Sad to see anyone go out like this, but Nibali was going to top 5 at very best. For me, he's moving towards the second tier of GT riders.

Would love to see him focus on one day races, maybe even the cobbles?

I'm not sure how you got to this conclusion. Maybe because Froome is the only one in the first tier? One of the more insignificant reasons why yesterday was so sad is because of comments like these. His form in this Tour would've at least landed him a podium. Trust me, there are people around here who know when he is in form and when he is then at the moment there's only one plus maybe Dumoulin who are better than Nibali in a grand tour.

Re:

postmanhat said:
Sad to see anyone go out like this, but Nibali was going to top 5 at very best. For me, he's moving towards the second tier of GT riders.

Would love to see him focus on one day races, maybe even the cobbles?

Top 5 at best? Who was going to pass him in the third week? Quintana, Fuglsang, Landa, Kruijswijk? More like top 5 at worst. He clearly was among the best yesterday and I think at least one out of Froome, Dumoulin and Thomas will fade in the 3rd week so finishing on the podium was more likely than outside the top 5 in my opinion.

I really hope that he can get back in shape for the Worlds...would be a shame if he cannot compete on a profil that finally favors the climbers. If he fails to recover for the worlds he will probably be at his best in october again and dominate Lombardia. A 3rd win at Lombardia would be a nice consolation prize.

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Re:

hazaran said:
Nibali is 2nd grade, but frankly the first tier is only Dumoulin and Froome, so he would have still made the podium :eek:
Please don't feed this troll and all the others. Just coming here to have some fun in their useless lives

Don't worry. I do not think anyone thinks a cyclist who won all grand tours, Giro di Lombardia and Milano San Remo is 2nd grade. This is one of the best and most versatile riders of the past 20 years. He is already a legend of the sport and actually ahead of Froome and far ahead of Dumoulin.

TRENDING THREADS