• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 608 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Latest before GP Quebec and Montreal:

"In Germany I didn't do very badly, but I didn't do very well either. Obviously it wouldn't be a problem to come to the World Championships with a role in the service of the Italian cause, on the contrary. But, because of the respect I have for the national team's jersey, I know that you have to have an excellent condition. Otherwise, it wouldn't be right to take someone's place. So let's say that I don't have the World Championship scheduled for the moment. After Canada we'll talk about it."

Okey, I hope he will be better in Lombardia... It's only 2 weeks later. But maybe it's just like your saying

I'm sure he follows a specific preparation for Lombardia, not riding the Vuelta makes it even more difficult. WCRR was never intended. Couldn't find the next races he'll start but most likely two before GdL, Giro dell'Emilia on 5.10 and Tre Valli Varesine on 08.10. He will certainly be good in Lombardia. Good enough to win? We'll see.

The question "good enought to win?" brings me to

"Who is gonna beat him?"

Only ones I see capable of beating a good Nibali are Valverde and Pogacar. All the others either can't or have major major reasons to be shite.

And it's probably very good Nibali doesn't ride the Worlds. He's done the Giro/Tour double, any semblance of a peak he still has left won't hold for long.

Last edited:
There sure are guys who can beat him but I think he is the clear favorite. That race simply suits him so well he is always gonna be the man to beat if he is in top shape. I mean even in this years giro the civiglio climb and descent was the only point where he was able to get rid of every single gc rival (despite carapaz' still quite miraculous return on the flat)

TRENDING THREADS