• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 665 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I didn't actually realize that there was a little gc related attack on the final ramp until now just to find out that this thread completely exploded because of him not losing time there. I love it.

In all seriousness though, him looking much better here and on days like stage 13 while struggeling on long mountain stages is lowkey the weirdest development of 2020 yet.

Nice upbeat article in today's Gazzetta G+

Nibali's moment:
"I'm fine. Kelderman?
I fear Hindley".
The Squalo, brilliant in the stage with arrival in San Daniele del Friuli, warns:
"If the Australian opens the gas, he cuts everyone off. Even his leader"

[the rest is paywalled and in italiano]

I didn't actually realize that there was a little gc related attack on the final ramp until now just to find out that this thread completely exploded because of him not losing time there. I love it.

In all seriousness though, him looking much better here and on days like stage 13 while struggeling on long mountain stages is lowkey the weirdest development of 2020 yet.
Today wasn't that weird IMO. I think Nibali tends to struggle less on the super short ramps than on the slightly longer anaerobic efforts or uphill sprints at the end of a climb. It's as if he does have the capacity to get into oxygen debt, he just can't seem to smash his head through that wall.

At the same time, it's not as if he was missing watts on the previous stages. So the weird IMO isn't Nibali here.

Uhm, I'm unsure what to think of this. If they climb the Pragelato side twice that would basically confirm Finestre. However I heard Finestre is out too because it would take too long to prepare the gravel. Now my hope is that either Finestre is in after all or the article is bs entirely. My fear is that the only wrong information is that the Pragelato part and they will actually climb it from Pragelato once before the 2nd ascent being one of the two Cesana Torinese sides

Uhm, I'm unsure what to think of this. If they climb the Pragelato side twice that would basically confirm Finestre. However I heard Finestre is out too because it would take too long to prepare the gravel. Now my hope is that either Finestre is in after all or the article is bs entirely. My fear is that the only wrong information is that the Pragelato part and they will actually climb it from Pragelato once before the 2nd ascent being one of the two Cesana Torinese sides
Ek1pg6aWMAEg7eq

TRENDING THREADS