• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 687 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ladies in gentlemen

giphy.gif

Ladies IN gentlemen?

Well, if there was ever going to be a pregnant man, it would likely be Chief Wiggum.

Oh god, even though I'm really not affected personally I feel a wave of shocks and empathy flooding through me right now because of all you guys and I'm hoping things will turn out well for you and him.

I don't think even his biggest fans were giving him a serious chance in the Giro after last season, but it would still be A chance, and that gives some hope (as well as memes).

As mentioned by another poster, missing LBL is probably a bigger deal, if he does indeed miss it, because it was more realistic that the shark could contend (and it is missing from his palmares).

But to put it all in context (in terms of career importance), this might only be 5% frustration levels for fans compared to Contador crashing in stage 10 of the 2014 Tour.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't think even his biggest fans were giving him a serious chance in the Giro after last season, but it would still be A chance, and that gives some hope (as well as memes).

As mentioned by another poster, missing LBL is probably a bigger deal, if he does indeed miss it, because it was more realistic that the shark could contend (and it is missing from his palmares).

But to put it all in context (in terms of career importance), this might only be 5% frustration levels for fans compared to Contador crashing in stage 10 of the 2014 Tour.
Let's be real. Nibali is at the stage in his career where I'd start getting hyped about smaller wins as well. Don't have Nibali as a Liege winner vs the likes of Alaphilippe, not at this stage in his career, but if he can get 2 good GTs with aggressive riding in and hopefully a stage win that'd be nice.

TRENDING THREADS