• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vinokourov cracks @ the Vuelta

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Rumour has it that suspect packages were intercepted before they arrived at Astana this summer - around the time Vino was seen in the company of the good doctor Ferrari.

Amazed that the Sainted Clean One would contemplate touching such a team with a bargepole, let alone riding a whole season with them.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Rumour has it that suspect packages were intercepted before they arrived at Astana this summer - around the time Vino was seen in the company of the good doctor Ferrari.

Amazed that the Sainted Clean One would contemplate touching such a team with a bargepole, let alone riding a whole season with them.

I always try to stay away from suspect packages. I hope you are doing well, bg. I missed you.

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
as a doper you can only lose: when you're at the front (like basso...), they say you're still cheating, if you hang in the grupetto (like lanids...), then it's clear that you're unable to ride fast without drugs. you don't have to be an insider to know that "the old wino" always means the dirty one.

the problem that i have with wino is that he (like many others) never admitted. if he would, he wouldn't ride the vuelta for astana today though...

it was very clever of him that he announced his retirement immediatly after he was tested positive. so he got away with a two year ban which would have been 4 years otherwise.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
it's not only Vino who is a shadow of his former blood doped self, but the whole Astana team has been near invisible during this whole Grand Tour. What happened to the invincible 'Borg warriors' metronomically setting impossible tempo hour after hour?