• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vinokourov - Kolobnev Case

On any English news site I did not find anything besides both were charged by Belgian authorities in 2014 by Velo News of bribery and a Cycling News story that the hearing will be in May of 2017 but Cycling News posted the article on April 1, 2017.

Re:

roundabout said:
https://www.sudinfo.be/id117424/article/2019-05-07/vinokourov-nie-toute-corruption-pour-sa-victoire-en-2010-lors-de-liege-bastogne

lol - 'loaned in cash'

"It is in the Slavic soul to lend thus money. I also made it to an acquaintance to buy an apartment. A former sports director also lent me money, "said Vinokourov who also explained that the emails, from this case, had been invented during the hacking of his mailbox because, internally at Astana at the time, some wanted to remove him from the team and accumulated elements in this direction.

;)

Haven't followed the case too closely, but stumbled on this today, both can face short prison time plus fines:

sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/vinokourov-could-face-jail-allegedly-fixing-cycling-race-153023213--spt.html
Likely to be suspended sentences, if anthing. The €100,000 fine for for V and the €50,000 for K, on top of seizing the original €150,000 bribe, will do more damage. Although, if a guilty verdict, then surely the UCI will have to rewrite the result, they've been saying they were waiting for the court case to complete before they did anything, haven't they?

Although, if a guilty verdict, then surely the UCI will have to rewrite the result
560-PIC105497357.jpg

Congrats to Philippe Gilbert. \o/

Reactions: laarsland

TRENDING THREADS