• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Viviani

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Here's a funny little detail I've noticed.
On Sporza (why I am reading a Dutch page when I can't read it? I just am ! Don't question my weirdness…) they've simply written Viviani as the winner for Hamburg last year, however, this year they obviously needed to specify a bit more... (they didn't specify which Viviani for London either.)

Is Elia Viviani the best sprinter for one day races at the moment?
Depends on how you draw the line with sprinters. I'd say Kristoff is better for harder and bigger classics. And Sagan, Matthews if they count.

Viviani is a better classics rider than literally all of the pure sprinters. Smooth on the cobbles and fine on longer (3-4%) climbs but he still need one of the big classics. Either Milano Sanremo and/or Gent-Wevelgem.