• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vogue - The Barber Shop

To not annoy people who want to talk about the sport only I opened up this barber shop.
Here we can get our hair washed, our beard cut in case we have one and discuss rider's styles and looks.
You can post your best outfit-findings here as well.
To start I thought I'd post a provisional top5 of active rider's outfits.

5: Romain Bardet

306881-l4mfw6yob9-whr.jpg

4: Rigoberto Urán

6nL66Y7XdDJq2ACXh3ZHT4.jpg

3: Geraint Thomas

Geraint%20and%20Sarah%20Ellen%20Thomas.jpg

2: Tom Dumoulin

GMD_1006.jpg

1: Peter Sagan, and of course it was harder to choose an outfit than the rider for first place

Sagan-wedding.jpeg

I have not yet added women's photos as women don't tend to wear such hilarious stuff, but if you got any...

What a ghastly 'do, it looks like a toupee.

I had to google this guy because I'm unfamiliar with him, it's Jason Osborne, correct? And he used to be a rower, rowers are usually huuuuuge in upper body. Looks like he might have lost some of that arm/shoulder muscle which would be unnecessary and too bulky for cycling.

Yeah, Jason Osborne...
I could swear that's a wig.
(Okay, no, my son's hair actually tends to look similar... but he's not a person whose photos get spread on the internet. :D )

Anyway, you might have seen that article on the DQS website, but I'm quoting it nonetheless here... :

As a rower, Jason already spent a lot of time on his bike, which helped him feel more at ease in his first outing with Deceuninck – Quick-Step: “We have 20-30 hours of training per week, and two thirds of that are basically cycling. ...

The story of Jason is special, as he just took a silver medal at the Olympics as a rower and is now choosing a different direction in his life: “There were two reasons. Actually, they wanted to take out our discipline, the lightweight sculls, from the Olympics. Then I thought to myself I want to take a chance in cycling, as with this decision it would mean the sponsoring of the federation would fall away. I’ve always loved cycling and always thought to try out the transition at some point. Then they decided in 2024 in Paris the discipline will have its last appearance at the Olympics. I also think I took most out of this sport.”

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Looking for a good picture for my Hodeg thread I instead found this. Uhm.

1546693203_1_gross.jpg
I've never noticed how huge Alaphilippe's hands are. Probably not something you could wrap around a basketball with comfortably or the fingers being long enough to play the piano, but comparing to the rest of his frame they look rather large.

As for the fashion - yeah, it's probably not the best. But I am no fashionista and I have no idea what the French will call fashionable next, so don't take my word for it.

I've never noticed how huge Alaphilippe's hands are. Probably not something you could wrap around a basketball with comfortably or the fingers being long enough to play the piano, but comparing to the rest of his frame they look rather large.

I'm not sure his hands are that big, but if they are, he could have become a great swimmer. Then he would also have had a designated lane for sprinting, so there wouldn't have been any fear of him causing crashes at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Tricycle Rider
I'm not sure his hands are that big, but if they are, he could have become a great swimmer. Then he would also have had a designated lane for sprinting, so there wouldn't have been any fear of him causing crashes at all.

I don't think his hands are huge, though, it's more the photo...
I remember thinking he looked muscular in comparison to Dan Martin when they once stood in front of me, but then absolutely everybody looked muscular in comparison to Dan Martin. :tearsofjoy:Now, Alaphilippe with swimmer's shoulders... :astonished: no, my imagination doesn't reach that far.

ha Ha! don't know which is the funniest the qs guys or sagan's hair....for sure peter wore a silly
jacket to distract from his hair but there is no fooling those here..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Mark L

I think Sagan's jacket is a more modern take on traditional Slovak wedding attire (lots of color and embroidery), if he had wanted to go all the way traditional he would have worn something like this. (Not sure this is the correct costume because each region has its own style, but you get the idea.) He would have have rocked it as well though, because he's, well, Sagan.

I liked Sagan's Jesus hair, btw., but he can do just about any 'do. He's just got one of those faces where he doesn't even need hair.

I figured I should actually post stuff like that here, and not in the actual route-thread...

FBpriftWEAMjrmZ

Quite a brave choice of shirt from Turgis, though he clearly didn't attend the Adam Blythe Style School.
It looks like he woke up late and had barely enough time to throw on a jacket over his pajamas. Cute pajamas though, they look like they might be the ever-so-comfy flannel.

• Haha
Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS