• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Voight crash

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Elephant in Jens Accident

Excuse my cynical self but would the cycling media please confront the elephant in the hospital room question of 'what actually caused Jens crash?' A pro of his experience does not just fall at 70kph because of a slight dip in the road.

Theory 1: The road depression caused Jens' weight to lurch forward, grabbing a fistful of front brake on the way. Carbon rims grabbed and locked - front end no longer in line with rear. The infamous video (before it was pulled) clearly showed daylight under Jens' rear wheel. Supports theory of aggressive front braking.

I would love to hear some serious discussion. What do you think?

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Lactic Heaven said:
Excuse my cynical self but would the cycling media please confront the elephant in the hospital room question of 'what actually caused Jens crash?' A pro of his experience does not just fall at 70kph because of a slight dip in the road.

Theory 1: The road depression caused Jens' weight to lurch forward, grabbing a fistful of front brake on the way. Carbon rims grabbed and locked - front end no longer in line with rear. The infamous video (before it was pulled) clearly showed daylight under Jens' rear wheel. Supports theory of aggressive front braking.

I would love to hear some serious discussion. What do you think?

This has already been discussed at length. Right after the stage completed the video was up on youtube. Look for the particular stage thread and you can search through all the posts to find the discussion.

The big guy is back. And with added metal! More Terminator than ever.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, let you into my own little world there. I've always thought that if the Terminator was ever to take up pro racing (Arnie, not those other daft ones) that he'd want to be just like Jens Voight - "I like to hurt people":D