• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a Catalunya 2013 - Stage 7: El Vendrell → Barcelona (122km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how people can be so certain Wiggo will not crush Porte and Froome when he gets round to doing an ITT?

I have seen nothing from then yet which comes close to Wiggo in Tour 12 and Olympics ITTs.

Winterfold said:
I'm not sure how people can be so certain Wiggo will not crush Porte and Froome when he gets round to doing an ITT?

I have seen nothing from then yet which comes close to Wiggo in Tour 12 and Olympics ITTs.

Huh what's the context? Are you in the right thread?

postmanhat said:
Apologies. You called this stage much better. I give up on Rodriguez.

Firstly Id just like say my point regards rodriguez was that he rode in the shadow of valverde for years and look what hes won now.

Secondly, yeah well sometime we get it wrong, but I just didnt see rodriguez getting away from the pack on this type of finish. it was the easier side of the climb too. He was odds on with some books such pity no markets to go against him.

manafana said:
Secondly, yeah well sometime we get it wrong, but I just didnt see rodriguez getting away from the pack on this type of finish. it was the easier side of the climb too. He was odds on with some books such pity no markets to go against him.
Rodriguez said, in hindsight, he was counting more on Sky to catch the break on stage 4, and his team should have pulled more.

Yet another case of KAT failing again to take control of its own destiny.

cineteq said:
Rodriguez said, in hindsight, he was counting more on Sky to catch the break on stage 4, and his team should have pulled more.

Perhaps the issue is J-Rod's relative late career promotion to leader which sometime catches him out. A bit too reactive at critical moments. He will get better at reading the races, but he is also pilling on the years.

cineteq said:

After's Martin's stage win Rodriguez was only 10 seconds behind and the race was still winnable. Letting Martin take bonus seconds and losing three seconds on another stage was just careless. Maybe Rodriguez didn't want it as much as everyone assumed even though it was his home race or maybe he thought Martin had the race won once the gap reached 17 seconds and at that stage he pretty much did.