• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana 2017 (01.02. - 05.02.)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Ricco' said:
Last stage shortened because of strong winds. Only do 5 laps of the final circuit.

EWP activated because yeah, it's the middle of the winter in Europe, were they expecting sunshine and 30º all days?
Dumb.
The precedent has been set, guess we can expect many more races and stages to be cancelled or shortened this season due to weather conditions.

https://twitter.com/philmaertens/status/828180331945668609

How can you people expect that they should ride where things like *** rails might hit them. It's insane. If you want to see that, you should go and watch WWE.

And it's still a prep race. Nobody cares.

Well... I don't know how strong they were today in Valencia, but multiple football games (including Madrid's) have been posponed due to really strong winds, especially in Galicia (one casualty, multiple injuries, (pic)), and it's been the same within the entire country. In fact, I'm in the opposide side of it and they are super wild as well atm.

It was also about spectators safety, according to the organizers.

BRYAAAAAN!
0752.png

Impressive win, he led the peloton from quite far out.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
LaFlorecita said:
Ricco' said:
Last stage shortened because of strong winds. Only do 5 laps of the final circuit.

EWP activated because yeah, it's the middle of the winter in Europe, were they expecting sunshine and 30º all days?
Dumb.
The precedent has been set, guess we can expect many more races and stages to be cancelled or shortened this season due to weather conditions.

https://twitter.com/philmaertens/status/828180331945668609

How can you people expect that they should ride where things like **** rails might hit them. It's insane. If you want to see that, you should go and watch WWE.

And it's still a prep race. Nobody cares.

Well why don't we cancel the whole race than?! If nobody cares... In fact why don't we cancel all preparation races, as you call them!

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy for Senni, he entered the race as a last minute replacement for Quinziato and finished on the podium (he really benefited from the long TTT). From what I know he prefers longer climbs, but that was a good showing, finishing 11th on such a steep uphill finish against a pretty strong field is a good performance.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
I'm happy for Senni, he entered the race as a last minute replacement for Quinziato and finished on the podium (he really benefited from the long TTT). From what I know he prefers longer climbs, but that was a good showing, finishing 11th on such a steep uphill finish against a pretty strong field is a good performance.
Yep that 11th place is pretty much his best performance since he turned professional. Hopefully he keeps that up.

TRENDING THREADS