• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta ao Algarve, 15-19/02 (2.HC)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Orbit501 said:
del1962 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ok, Primoz is nuts. This guy seriously has potential to hit it in a GT sometime.

Especially if he gets motorpaced

Pleased for Castroviejo

I wonder how long that police moto man had switched off for? Roglic already being paced by him when we saw it.

Having said that, not Roglic's fault and he was always likely to put in a top 3 ride on this stage anyway to be fair. I think Castroveijo would rightly have cause for complaint though if Roglic had won the stage.

I would prefer Roglic to win GC and obviously he didn't make the moto drive like that, but Kwiatkowski has every right to be very annoyed. A five, ten, fifteen second gap could in theory be overcome by a good Ardennes rider on the steep hill finish. 20 seconds plus, almost certainly not. Roglic would still be favourite, but being given a leg up from favourite to near certain winner is no small thing.

He has been a bit of a lucky boy with the motos. When he attacked Martin yesterday, he also got a very helpful slipstream, leading to Dan gesticulating at the motorbike to get lost. He'd still be in the lead now anyway, of course.
Yeah. I don't know what the moto driver was thinking there. He fell asleep and was going backwards. A couple of seconds gained for Roglic there, that's for sure. Still I don't think it'll matter in the end. I expect Roglic to be better than Kwiatkowski on Malhao, although the Pole seems to be in good shape so you never know.

For those of you saying I was accusing others of being condescending or I was on a high horse...let me say this if you look at the post ...I accused some of you of bias ..never said anything else

Mr Pitti you read into what you want ...not what is there

And yes alot of you are biased

1) Rojlic got help from moto ...if that were a SKY rider there would be no end of remonstrations on here
2) Rojlic appears in the sport out of no where and where are all the questions and innuendo that others have to endire

yes biased and not a little ridiculous

Valv.Piti said:
BigMac said:
Valv.Piti said:
Crypel crying again. Damn, I hope Gaviria absolutely smashes 'the worlds most fair sprinter today'.

I don't get this animosity. I haven't read what he said, but you talk about him as if he was some sort of serial crybaby. The guy's a class act more often than not.
He is a serial crybaby, lol

So what's cav than?

BigMac said:
Valv.Piti said:
Crypel crying again. Damn, I hope Gaviria absolutely smashes 'the worlds most fair sprinter today'.

I don't get this animosity. I haven't read what he said, but you talk about him as if he was some sort of serial crybaby. The guy's a class act more often than not.

He complained about the moto being too close to Roglic, then added that it was entirely the moto's fault, and not Roglic's.

I think that monster effort from Richeze and Gaviria to get to the front before the last turn took it out of Gav a bit. Also looked like there might have been a headwind with the speed that the others came up with from behind. Gav hit the wind at 300m, maybe a bit early.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I think Greipel mentioned he wouldn't even bother participating in MSR and his record suggests that a wise decision.

Yes he isn't, he is focussing on RVV and PR. But still Démare super strong, Dege back and Kristoff also already strong. Plus Groenewegen, Coquard, Sagan and Gaviria etc.. This will be fantastic.

And then Gerrans wins. :trollolololo: ;)

Re:

What the hell is up with the motos in this race? They are consistently effecting the racing by positioning themselves too close and providing huge drafting opportunities. Today the peloton got significant help catching a break that was close to making it. Somebody needs to explain to the moto riders that they absolutely cannot just sit in front of guys who are racing for a stage or GC.

Is it the same idiot every time? Or are the moto guys here very inexperienced and not being given proper guidance?

TRENDING THREADS