• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta (2.1), 18.02 - 22.02.2015

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If Etixx decides to ride hard from the beginning ... everything could happen. They still have 3 guys in contention with Tony and Kwiato at 2nd and third but also Stybar at 8th. And Meersman, Vakoc or Golas are all capable of putting the hurt on. I don't think it is over just yet but the chances are slim. Thomas will probably take this one home. We will see.

Akuryo said:
If Etixx decides to ride hard from the bgeginning ... everything could happen. They still have 3 guys in contention with Tony and Kwiato at 2nd and third but also Stybar at 8th. And Meersman, Vakoc or Golas are all capable of putting the hurt on. I don't think it is over just yet but the chances are slim. Thomas will probably take this one home. We will see.

Agree, aggressive and risk oriented racing is needed here. Who cares about 2nd place in the Volta?

Stage 4:
perfil_etapa4-1024x512.jpg

Terrain is excellent for longish range attacks.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
According to Twitter atm Malori is the virtual leader of the race, but he'll get buried on the final climb. He's in the breakaway with Malacarne, Gallopin, Lammertink, Gradek, Toxuperena and Filipe Cardoso.

Now Stybar on the attack. So they try to split up the peloton for Kwiatek. I like it. Better to try and fail than just giving Thomas the jersey for free. No matter how it pans out, they raced today!

Edit: He was caught, but now attacked again with 9 to go.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Richie Porte wins. This is after working for Geraint for last 5km and already working since 50km catching Martin and various breaks according to Algarve twitter..

Wow :D

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Wow Porte! Wasn't he leading the Sky train 40km out to chase Martin according to the ticker? Pretty impressive to still win on Malhao after that!

Apparently so but it seems like Martin was quite quickly caught after his attack according to the twitter feed.

Malhao is like Sky's Mecca. They've raced it four times in their history and won every time (Cummings in 2011, Porte in 2012, Henao in 2013 and now Porte in 2015.

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Porte is indeed pencilled for P-N.
The GC top 10 has an interesting structure about it, certainly the latter part. My guess is Katusha will win the team classification. Anybody know anything about young rider's jersey?

TRENDING THREADS