• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2019, March 25-31

Tomorrow the next WT stage race will kick off.
Stage 1
volta-a-catalunya-2019-stage-1-profile-2d6b9b9b3a.jpg

Stage 2
volta-a-catalunya-2019-stage-2-profile-8c01160924.jpg

Stage 3
volta-a-catalunya-2019-stage-3-profile-5513e603ea.jpg

Stage 4
volta-a-catalunya-2019-stage-4-profile-77e68cc572.jpg

Stage 5
volta-a-catalunya-2019-stage-5-profile-79545196db.jpg

Stage 6
volta-a-catalunya-2019-stage-6-profile-790b01b409.jpg

Stage 7
volta-a-catalunya-2019-stage-7-profile-4caf931410.jpg

And we also have a pretty good startlist with Quintana, Valverde, Mas, Froome, Bernal, both Yates brothers, Miguel Angel Lopez, Nibali, Keldermann, Kruijswijk, Bardet, Dan Martin, Porte, Woods, Zakarin, Spilak amongst others.

Never been a big fan of this race. The route is usually rather boring, they always use huge highways and in general the most boring looking streets and the racing is usually rather predictable. It's one big mtf with action on the last 5 k, maybe another day with some minor gc action and that's it. Of all the wt one week stage races in spring this is probably my least favorite

Gigs_98 said:
Never been a big fan of this race. The route is usually rather boring, they always use huge highways and in general the most boring looking streets and the racing is usually rather predictable. It's one big mtf with action on the last 5 k, maybe another day with some minor gc action and that's it. Of all the wt one week stage races in spring this is probably my least favorite

Seconded.

tobydawq said:
Gigs_98 said:

Seconded.
Thirded

I think thats like how most people feel about the race. I remember one great edition, 2015, which was pretty hilly and windy as which made for some nice stages. But otherwise, its pretty boring most of it, altho the last stage always provides great racing.

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Next year will be different
they start in Alghero the Catalan speaking city in Sardinia!
No big hill but a great place.

Really? That's pretty cool.

Not many one-week races venture abroad. I remember the Tour of Poland once having stages in Italy, and I think in Slovakia. The Tour de Suisse often visits Sölden in Austria but otherwise this probably doesn't happen a lot.

Edit: And how weird that there is a Catalan speaking city in Sardinia?!

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Next year will be different
they start in Alghero the Catalan speaking city in Sardinia!
No big hill but a great place.

Really? That's pretty cool.

Not many one-week races venture abroad. I remember the Tour of Poland once having stages in Italy, and I think in Slovakia. The Tour de Suisse often visits Sölden in Austria but otherwise this probably doesn't happen a lot.

Edit: And how weird that there is a Catalan speaking city in Sardinia?!

That does seem a bit strange.

TRENDING THREADS