• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tomorrow starts with 8 km at 4%, so potentially madness from the start, but I assume it will be pretty calm when the break has gone. A lot of climbing, but mostly soft gradients, so I guess a reduced group finishing together and Roglic (or Ciccone) winning the sprint is the most likely scenario?

volta-a-catalunya-2023-stage-3-profile-n2-5aac0ddbe6.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
Uijtdebroeks today extremely impressive, once more. Of course everyone speaks of Ayuso, but Uijtdebroeks IMHO is similarly impressive. Interesting to watch how much he will still improve over next years.
He's a tad younger than Ayuso, but not that much. And i doubt he will be able to do what Ayuso did in the Vuelta already this year. He's doing very well, but what Ayuso pulled off last year, was something else.

Congratulations to Giulio Ciccone for winning the sprint.

A typical mountain stage. Peloton giving it all. Almeida pacing 100m behind and Kuss 100m ahead. EF was rather active today and Chaves made a good attempt. For JV Gesink did a good job during the day but on the finale and rather early only Kuss managed to stay with Primož. Bahrain taking the initiative and Landa with a good attempt. Evenepoel was after a stage win today and was prepared to do the work. For somebody like Roglič it didn't make much sense to try to attack and to try to achieve more today. Going after bonus seconds made the most sense. Carapaz is either completely out of form or will try to win the stage tomorrow.

Congratulations to Giulio Ciccone for winning the sprint.

A typical mountain stage. Peloton giving it all. Almeida pacing 100m behind and Kuss 100m ahead. EF was rather active today and Chaves made a good attempt. For JV Gesink did a good job during the day but on the finale and rather early only Kuss managed to stay with Primož. Bahrain taking the initiative and Landa with a good attempt. Evenepoel was after a stage win today and was prepared to do the work. For somebody like Roglič it didn't make much sense to try to attack and to try to achieve more today. Going after bonus seconds made the most sense. Carapaz is either completely out of form or will try to win the stage tomorrow.
Carapaz had 1 race day ahead of last weeks Milano - Torino. That was his win in the national championships though. Sometimes he's really an enigma. You never know what to expect.

I'm gonna nitpick: View: https://twitter.com/TeamEmiratesUAE/status/1638219394865045508

Isn't mentioning Yates before Almeida a bit like a quiet statement about who they are rooting for the most?

I understand if one wants to highlight that he's good despite having crashed yesterday but still to me they got it backwards.
Yates finished ahead of Almeida, the social media girl isn’t picking it on who’s the most favoured lol

Reactions: noob
I'm gonna nitpick: View: https://twitter.com/TeamEmiratesUAE/status/1638219394865045508

Isn't mentioning Yates before Almeida a bit like a quiet statement about who they are rooting for the most?

I understand if one wants to highlight that he's good despite having crashed yesterday but still to me they got it backwards.

Aren't you thinking about internal UAE politics way, way, way too much?

They literally write the names in the order they finished.

TRENDING THREADS