• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2024 (March 18-24)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
when Merckx was performing, color TV was invented just then, the races were after the work done on the farm, some would drink a liter of wine after lunch and then join half the race hungover, and half of his victories were without TV images, it went to the people delivery in the style of trust me my friend, funny just like Pele, characters played with a wooden ball😆😆😆😆

Vine is a niche rider, useful for teams like Alpecin, Cofidis, Intermarché... but totally useless for a Visma/Bora/UAE kind of structure.
This^
Aside from his usual crashing at every corner, Vine seems just too fragile for the spring races in Europe, all these injuries, illnesses, struggling in the cold.

He performs well outside of Europe or on a few Vuelta stages when it's warm. Last year he skipped Algarve, Tirreno, Catalunya, was useless in the giro. And again this spring is a disaster. Same story in 2022.

UAE has enough climbing stars already, imagine if they have Vine's contract to a guy like Cattaneo for example.

What a useless rider.
And, although that last statement is a bit too harsh (useless for UAE perhaps), this too.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Was there a split in the peloton that led to the attack? Can’t take everything on PCS without context
there isn't really much information yet, I think. Apart from the fact that Matxin was very amused

qx7FvhO.jpeg
OCFNbIU.jpeg