• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 10: Ponteareas > Sanxenxo (190 kms)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
I like that Froome chose Pena Cabarga over Plance des belles filles.

But Contador was really stupid choosing Lance. Indurain is such a more obvious option.

I think it goes back to when he was recovering from his aneurysm (I forget the name of the disease). He read Lance's book and it inspired him. I'm glad he's being honest about it actually. If he said something like Indurain (who was known solely for his ITT) then it would have come across as fake IMO.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Some great crowds.

Eurosport did a Contador vs Froome head to head questionaire. I just copied what i heard. Contador should have had 1 other rider quality but i didnt hear it.

You know a site where we can see the footage?

Btw Contador's choice of annecy is very understandable, but his prologue of paris-nice '09 still is in my mind. That was just a complete shock.

Publicus said:
I think it goes back to when he was recovering from his aneurysm (I forget the name of the disease). He read Lance's book and it inspired him. I'm glad he's being honest about it actually. If he said something like Indurain (who was known solely for his ITT) then it would have come across as fake IMO.

You seem to.know nothing about Contador. He has been looking up to indurain since forever. He talks about him a lot. Moreover his legacy in Spanish cycling is huge.

No way in hell would it have come out as fake.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Descender said:
Isn't the water very cold on the Atlantic coast?

If you're used to the hot soup of the Mediterranean of course. But most people goes there for two reasons: 1) to avoid the African heatwaves and apocalyptic landscape of the south 2) the (sea)food :D

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Katusha is with JRod. Sky is at the front. Don't see Froome at the moment, but presumably he is around. One group has been gapped, though no names of note that matter for GC in this Vuelta (Cobo is in the chase group), and Contador is isolated. I don't see any SBTB riders around him.

Heck, they have three 3kms to go before their day is over, so they should muster some effort to get near AC.

TRENDING THREADS