• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 11: Cambados > Pontevedra I.T.T. (39,4 kms)

Rock around the clock!

mapa11.jpg

11_perfil.png

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
You just beat me, there were too many "who will beat who with how much time" threads.

Hope Contador will beat all the contenders, and except Froome he has got a really good chance, but if Froome will be the better, then I still don't think there will be more than 30 seconds between them.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The course will mean that the time gaps between top 4 will be smaller than if it was a pancake flat course. My bet from the top 4:

Froome
Contador 30-40 sec
Valverde 1.40 - 2 mins
Purito 2 mins

Thereby everything will be open for when the mountains begin (and probably Purito and Valverde will be able to take back a little time on stage 12 making it even more open before stage 14)

EDIT: I doubt Matin till be able to win this considering the rough climb and the tecnical descent

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Martin, Froome and Contador are for me the absolute favorites.

De Gendt, Boom and Gesink could surprise.

I feel that the second part of the climb is going to be decisive, there you can gain a lot of time.

so based on the latest CN article- this ITT won't have much effect in the GC at all :) Froome might have the upperhand-but as he claimed- the parcours is "very technical" so the winner will be the one with the sharpest manovering along the route....

I still believe the stage win is between Conta & Froome-BUT don't discard PORTE at all;)

Starting Times
1º 13:09 VAN LEIJEN, Joost Lotto Belisol Team
184º 16:32 MOLLEMA, Bauke Rabobank Cycling Team
185º 16:34 TEN DAM, Laurens Rabobank Cycling Team
186º 16:36 ANTON, Igor Euskaltel - Euskadi
187º 16:38 ROCHE, Nicolas AG2R La Mondiale
188º 16:40 MORENO, Daniel Katusha Team
189º 16:42 GESINK, Robert Rabobank Cycling Team
190º 16:44 VALVERDE, Alejandro Movistar Team
191º 16:46 CONTADOR, Alberto Team Saxo Bank - Tinkoff Bank
192º 16:48 FROOME, Christopher SKY Procycling
193º 16:50 RODRIGUEZ, Joaquin Katusha Team