• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 15: La Robla > Lagos de Covadonga (186,5 kms)

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
happychappy said:
Contador looks a bit hungry. Did he fuel correctly? He should watch his protein intake, when you don't get enough protein your recovery from hard efforts will suffer.
Contador should ask his Spanish friends for some dietary advice.

No matter how experienced you are, some people just forget to eat/drink correctly if you don't constantly remind them to do so. Lucien van Impe was like that. He bonked and lost the Tour of 1976 that way(plus he got hit by a car during a MTF).

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
What ? That's actually the year Van Impe won the Tour, the only other year he was in contention was 1983?

Anyway Bertie looked better today than yesterday, I think he's getting a. It disouraged though but with 22 seconds he shouldn't.

I mean 1977. He would've won the Tour if he didn't got hit by a car at Alpe Dhuez. He also forgot to eat/drink during that stage, so bonked(but he was still winning the stage until a car hit him).

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
about a year ago roundabout wrote a great post, saying "the 2011 giro was a huge distortion of actual relation of forces" or something like that and it's the case. the strongest is prepared perfectly and the others are not very good and we got the 2011 giro. but contador fans and just fans who see beauty in domination often prefer to estimate alberto and his opponents, remembering that giro first of all. and i think no matter how the vuelta ends, now we are getting a confirmation of those words.

i don't know at how many percents contador is and probably he doesn't know either, but looking at alex, i wouldn't say purito shows something really cosmic and extraordinary. joaquim is in his own thematics. he's riding exactly as he did in the giro - very defensively and very smart. it's a lot more vivid, but i don't see huge difference between the giro and the vuelta. 200-300 meter pulls by themselves make the race more entertaining and brighter , but don't make the competition principally stronger.

anyways, i'd point out the tour 2010 as purito's peak so far. he was about 3 or 4th climber in the race. that was very impressive for the tour neophyte. he wasn't young, but the tdf always makes special demands in all regards.

El Pistolero said:
No matter how experienced you are, some people just forget to eat/drink correctly if you don't constantly remind them to do so. Lucien van Impe was like that. He bonked and lost the Tour of 1976 that way(plus he got hit by a car during a MTF).

Happy Chappy wasn't saying that...he was Insinuating without saying something that would get him banned.......

happychappy said:
Contador looks a bit hungry. Did he fuel correctly? He should watch his protein intake, when you don't get enough protein your recovery from hard efforts will suffer.
Contador should ask his Spanish friends for some dietary advice.

I bet Wiggins and Fränk know a thing or two about Protein. Maybe he could ask them?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Apparently he also has a new trainer. A swimming trainer, perhaps?

It is indeed remarkable that he's gotten stronger on the longer efforts, without weakening on the short, explosive front.

what the hell are you guys tlaking about? we have yet to see a climb towards 2000 metres or above that. that';s where purito really suffers.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Actually, Nordhaug said that Rabobank are completely renewing their training staff for next year. I guess Nordhaug can teach them some swimming coach tips as well ;)

well that's not going to happen. rabobank never chances anything and people who suck at their jobs get improved jobs like breukink and delahaye. rabobank is the dutch government in a nutshell.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
well that's not going to happen. rabobank never chances anything and people who suck at their jobs get improved jobs like breukink and delahaye. rabobank is the dutch government in a nutshell.

It's what mediocre people do to try and stay 'important'.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
usually with Contador after a bad day he gets a great day, maybe it's just wishful thinking though lol

i like when i have bad days because i know that in the next ride it can't be worse haha

ViVELO

BANNED
Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
ANTONIO PIEDRA: I WILL STRUGGLE TO REALIZE

Sun, 02.09.2012 22:07

How do you feel after such a triumph?

I’ll struggle to realize. It’s a great joy but I can’t believe it’s true. I’m not completely conscious. It took us a lot of time to increase the gap in favour of our breakaway. I think a crash helped us to do so. Once we made a difference of fifteen minutes over the peloton, it became clear that the stage win would be between us in the breakaway.

How have you launched your attack?

David [De la Fuente] and I, we both felt good. We were confident that we could cap it off. I’ve asked to wait and see how people were going to move in order to realize who was nervous and who still had some energy to spend. When the breakaway group got reunited, I’ve tried my luck. I’ve managed to get a gap because David has been sensational in covering all the counter attacks. He marked all the other breakaway riders. He was following all the accelerations. He’s been incredible.

When have you had the victory in sight?

It was complicated. I was a little bit afraid of la Huesera [the steepest part of the ascent to the Lagos de Covadonga]. I feared that other riders could catch me there but in reality, my lead kept growing, so I’ve understood that I was making it for real.

Who do you dedicate this to?

To my family, Francis Cabello [team manager of Andalucia who discovered him] and everyone who has supported me and believed in me. I’m sure they’re happy with my win. Now I want to enjoy what I’ve achieved and take time to think about my future as a cyclist. I yet have to complete my study as well. I’ve done four and half years out of five in industria engineering.

ViVELO ™
bikes for life.

246790_279308248853900_1694840406_n.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jesus Vivelo, will you stop spamming the forum :rolleyes:. It's not making your bike look very good.

jens_attacks said:
gotta wonder...how did piedra win on such an ugly and crrappy bike?

It must really be a specialized or some other good bike painted over, no way he could have won otherwise :p.

ViVELO

BANNED
Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
Jesus Vivelo, will you stop spamming the forum :rolleyes:. It's not making your bike look very good.

It must really be a specialized or some other good bike painted over, no way he could have won otherwise :p.

Dear Mr. Afrank

Chronology

Parrulo
Caja Rural- Fondriest 2013
NetApp- Fuji 2013
just checked the site and the bikes look much better then the vivelo ones which looked like a poor man's specialized

ViVELO
My friend,
your info for team ''Caja Rural'' is a wrong
Next two season /2013 and 2014/ the riders of the team, ride with our ViVELO bikes !!!
Thanks for your ''wonderful'' words about our brand ...
[/color]

Parrulo
well don't take it personally but your frame does look very similar to the typical specialized frame with the curved top tube, big front part and squeezed down tube, and being vivelo the smaller company ofc some people would say this.
i am also a sucker for simple design that's why i love colnago's and dale's

ViVELO
http://www.vivelo-bikes.com/bikes/ro...s-team-edition
... after that click up button ''Geometry''

http://www.vivelo-bikes.com/bikes/time-trial/fly-aero

Dear Mr. Parrulo,
If you be so kind as to make comparisons appearance and geometry of our frames and then compare them to those quoted by you bicycle manufacturers. If you find a 100% similarity, i give you free the frame of your choice.
[/color]

Dear Mr. Afrank
If you be so kind as to make comparisons appearance and geometry of our frames and then compare them to those quoted by you bicycle manufacturers. If you find a 100% similarity, i give you free the frame of your choice.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ViVELO said:
Dear Mr. Afrank

Chronology

Parrulo
Caja Rural- Fondriest 2013
NetApp- Fuji 2013
just checked the site and the bikes look much better then the vivelo ones which looked like a poor man's specialized

ViVELO
My friend,
your info for team ''Caja Rural'' is a wrong
Next two season /2013 and 2014/ the riders of the team, ride with our ViVELO bikes !!!
Thanks for your ''wonderful'' words about our brand ...
[/color]

Parrulo
well don't take it personally but your frame does look very similar to the typical specialized frame with the curved top tube, big front part and squeezed down tube, and being vivelo the smaller company ofc some people would say this.
i am also a sucker for simple design that's why i love colnago's and dale's

ViVELO
http://www.vivelo-bikes.com/bikes/ro...s-team-edition

http://www.vivelo-bikes.com/bikes/time-trial/fly-aero

Dear Mr. Parrulo,
[/color]

Dear Mr. Afrank

Your new to this forum so allow me to educate you on something you will see often here. When somebody uses one of the smiling face symbols (called "smilies") it usually is a good indicator of the user having made a joke or of sarcasm. The symbol I used (this one :p) is the one mostly used to mean that the post was a joke. I was making a joke and don't actually think you copied the design of some other bike.

I also don't get why you keep posting that chronology :confused:.

ViVELO

BANNED
Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
Your new to this forum so allow me to educate you on something you will see often here. When somebody uses one of the smiling face symbols (called "smilies") it usually is a good indicator of the user having made a joke or of sarcasm. The symbol I used (this one :p) is the one mostly used to mean that the post was a joke. I was making a joke and don't actually think you copied the design of some other bike.

I also don't get why you keep posting that chronology :confused:.

Ok Mr. Afrank, no problem:D

TRENDING THREADS