• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 15: La Robla > Lagos de Covadonga (186,5 kms)

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jilbiker said:
Unless I am mistaken, after the race Purito looked mentally tired. Responding to those attacks can wear you out. Tomorrow will be decisive. if AC has good sensations, Purito will crack and crack bad. Valvede may prepare for 2nd place.

I think so too. But i have said it before and say it again. It will boil down to Bola del Mundo (ACs terrain). That stage will be epic.

airstream said:
Perhaps. Though it seemed to me Purito gave Moreno green light to fall off and prepare for tomorrow.

What makes you say this? What did you see and at what point in the race? I have it recorded so I can go back and watch again. So much happening at one time it is difficult to follow everything!

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Rodriguez has good reason to be tired, and he's putting up a great fight. I do believe that it's wearing on him, and Contador will eventually take the lead. It may not be a spectacular crack, but we could see some vintage Alberto tomorrow.

Then again, what exactly is vintage Alberto?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
What makes you say this? What did you see and at what point in the race? I have it recorded so I can go back and watch again. So much happening at one time it is difficult to follow everything!

Am I entitled to have assumptions? :rolleyes: I think Purito felt confident so Dani could safely sit in the second group.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yes, very steep last few km.

But the difference is that we've 15 km of climbing before we're going to do it and therefore 2 climbs of 10 km.

It's not the same at all as thursday.

El Pistolero said:
Actually both tomorrow's MTF and Bola del Mundo are Jrod terrain. Hardest part in the final 3 km.

Apart from the stage profile and its six days away. What i mean is that its close to Contadors old training ground where he started and that he probably wants this so bad he gonna get down bleeding to get it.

No_Balls said:
Apart from the stage profile and its six days away. What i mean is that its close to Contadors old training ground where he started and that he probably wants this so bad he gonna get down bleeding to get it.

The stage to Bola, yes. I already said this before the start of la Vuelta, if he doesn't win there I'm going to cry.

LaFlorecita said:

When a belgian rider has sudden amazing performances, eg gilbert last year up muur, its all amazing and everyone else is a jealous loser etc.

But when a rider he doesnt like (ie a non belgian rider (apart from contador)) also has an improved performance suddenly he starts spamming the forum with thinly veiled doping accusations

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Gilbert and Contador are 33 years old?

No doping insinuation from my side. ;) It's just pretty weird that he turns into such a climber powerhouse at age 33. Normally, a cyclist peaks around age 28-30.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Gilbert and Contador are 33 years old?

No doping insinuation from my side. ;) It's just pretty weird that he turns into such a climber powerhouse at age 33. Normally, a cyclist peaks around age 28-30.

Evans. Sastre. :rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
icefire said:
Evans. Sastre. :rolleyes:

Sastre could always do a mean climb, he was a domestique for most of his career however. Same goes for Jrod, might be an explanation as to why they peaked at a later age. Anyway, Sastre might have won the big thing, but Jrod is much better at winning than Sastre ever was.

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
no the interviewer said - your face is red, and he said - well i dont have the red jersey but my face is red.

wellllllllll, ummmmmmm, errrrrrrrrrrr.....the audio was breaking up really, REALLY badly at the *exact* moment the exchange took place PLUS i had my balcony doors open and, don'cha know it, the ear-piercingly loud siren of the ambulance passing by further muddled the already difficult to follow breaking up audio AND the time buzzer on the clothes dryer went off ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

also, i admit i just made all of that up. :D

thanks for the clarification. i am NOT kidding about that!

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
Why oh why can't Valverde, Rodriguez, do this at the Tour? Would vastly improve the race there.

Rodríguez didn't race. Valverde was out of contention since minute 1 owing to numerous crashes. Did you watch the Tour?

And yes, they would improve the race.

peacefultribe said:
I don't really understand the negativity when Contador attacks and can't do anything with it. Or better yet, when he seemingly attacks in the wrong place. Everybody complains about the Tour being boring...........

When I signed up for this message board forum poster gig, that's pretty much exactly what I was told to do.

TRENDING THREADS