• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 20: La Faisanera Golf-Bola del Mundo (170,7 km)

etp20.gif

J%20MDR%20Bola%20del%20Mundo%20(Guadarrama).png

EDIT: It seems like they don't do the last 200 meters, seeing the finishing heights on the two profiles.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Those are strange locations for the intermediate sprints. At the top of a hill and then at the bottom? Doesn't make sense to me.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I kinda want Quintana will win the stage, he has been incredibly strong this last week yet doesn't even have a mountain point to show for it. Valverde looks very strong at the moment, it will be an exciting day!

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
AC will attempt to put his final stamp on a legendary GT. No telling who will win the stage. I hope it works out for AC, it would certainly be the fitting finish for me as a fan.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
AC will attempt to put his final stamp on a legendary GT. No telling who will win the stage. I hope it works out for AC, it would certainly be the fitting finish for me as a fan.

It's way easier for him to win now. Purito will try to gap valverde, contador can wheelsuck and at the right time go away.

Don't see how valverde can win, in the last stages he was always the worst of the 3 on the mountain finishes besides fuente de of course.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Contador ftw, or some climber that they let get away because their too far down on gc. Maybe Quintana or Igor Anton. Henao's also been looking good the last couple stages, and Froome can't get on the podium anymore so there would be no point working for him.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Fingers crossed Quintana and Henao have some freedom tomorrow.

De Gendt for the mountain jersey, possibly the stage win too.

It is Albertos home territory and he will have massive support on here so i bet he will try and please the fans. He is also hungry knowing no stages to go before Madrid so could afford trying to have a go. He has a huge advantage knowing he could relax letting Valv and/or Purito doing the work while he build up momentum before the big attack.

It will be another Alberto showdown. I am reasonably sure of that.

No_Balls said:
It is Albertos home territory and he will have massive support on here so i bet he will try and please the fans. He is also hungry knowing no stages to go before Madrid so could afford trying to have a go. He has a huge advantage knowing he could relax letting Valv and/or Purito doing the work while he build up momentum before the big attack.

It will be another Alberto showdown. I am reasonably sure of that.

Yeah he doesn't have to gain big time which is a good thing so he can focus on winning the stage, besides Purito and Piti will attack (or at least have to) so he can counter which is what he likes best.

LaFlorecita said:
Yeah he doesn't have to gain big time which is a good thing so he can focus on winning the stage, besides Purito and Piti will attack (or at least have to) so he can counter which is what he likes best.

He can ride defensively all day long. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Saxo put a man in the break so they don't have to chase at all. Force Katusha and Movistar to do the work.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Alberto or Alex for the win. Purito looks totally demoralized. He got lucky Froome's so far away. I wouldn't be surprised to see the classic '12 Vuelta scenario: Alberto going solo and Alex always hanging in within the limits of 50-100 meters behind him, then Valverde pouncing at the finish line and outsprinting Contador, or Alberto keeping his little advantage.

alberto will entertain his people
i don't forget that purito said after the alberto's attack on hoz that looking at him climbing,he realized that he's gonna crack him on bola del mundo anyway
i saw the video,alberto went like a train uphill,he's getting stronger.
tomorrow,he will drop them all

TRENDING THREADS