• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2014 super hype!!

Who wins the Vuelta?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
A new thread has been deemed necessary.

Will this be like every year? A lot of hype for vuelta but eventually it doesn't live up to it? I don't think so.

Froomie is putting pictures on twitter of him training. He's furious, he thinks he would have won against nibali. He needs revenge and he'll try and get it in the race he turned into a robot.

Quintana. He's the first since Contador that can win 2 GT's in 1 year. He's said to be the next big climber, following into Contador's footsteps. This race is the race that is the first big step of him becoming a legend.

Valverde. I'm sorry, i just can't hype up valverde, but he usually does really good in the vuelta. That's all the hype you get.

Purito. This is his last change to win a GT (imo). His tour was a failure, does he have the condition to finally pull it off? He doesn't need to worry, this year there's no fuente de.

Betancur.

Bu7mxq9CIAA0rj0.jpg

Nuff said :eek:

Aru. Many claim he's the next pantani, can he do what many young riders have failed in doing? Perform in 2 GT's in the same year? Can he do the impossible and beat them all? Pantani would have done it, let's see if the tails about him are true.

Evans. Can evans do it again? Make his fans live in the illusion that he can win this race? He did it in the giro, twice in a row!

Horner. We can't forget our dear pappy. We all know he gave nibali the tour win cause he felt sorry for him last year. But he's not fooling around in the vuelta. He's most likely Aru's father but he won't be afraid to school him.

Contador. This man broke his leg last month but he doesn't care. He's racing, for stage wins? That's what the normal man wants to believe but this isn't a normal man. He's already a legend, the pain he felt during the tour must have been heartbreaking. Can he do it? And pull out one of the most impressive victories in the recent history of cycling?

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
In all honesty Contador wouldn't be riding this unless he was going for the overall win. Looking forward to seeing Aru again.... I think you can forget about Horner and Valverde tbh

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I love the vuelta and have for many years. It hasn't always had the best field but there is something about those spanish mountans and the scenery, often dry and mysterious. TDF is the biggest race but I prefer both the Giro and the Vuelta over the Tour.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I want Alberto to win but watch out for Aru I think he destined for great things. He isn't one of those guys who will end up as a perennial 5-10th place rider.

BM's predicitions:

- Quintana takes overall, Urán places second, Valverde comes in third.
- Garmin wins team classification.
- André Cardoso wins on Lagos de Somiedo.
- Contador DNF's by the second week.
- Gesink takes a stage win.

I am going with Chris "The destroyer" Froome for the overall title.

Valverde not to manage top-10.
Uran to make the podium.
Evans to go for GC even if it's an idiotic idea. He should do what Majka did during the Tour.
Samuel Sánchez to be borderline top-10, probably not.
Horner not being able to climb lil last year and end up in 5:th place.

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea of the tactics that will take Garmin in this Vuelta? If Hesjedal, Martin and Talansky are in top shape, they will have to take a delicate decision to choose their leader for the GC.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
durtyfat said:
Does anyone have an idea of the tactics that will take Garmin in this Vuelta? If Hesjedal, Martin and Talansky are in top shape, they will have to take a delicate decision to choose their leader for the GC.

they will make sure the gruppetto is never in danger of missing the time limit.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
The Fat Cat will roll over the entire peloton and be the only rider to finish the Vuelta :cool:

Heard it here first!

All the extra fat will give him more energy then anyone and keep him going further then anyone. :p

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Predictions:

1. Froome winning overall, Quintana 2nd, Uran 3rd, Horner 4th, Kelderman 5th.
2. Contador takes at least 2 stage wins, including Covadonga.
3. Aru DNF because of crash, Valverde losing about 10 min.
4. OPQS wins TTT.
5. Froome wins final TT by 20 seconds and crashes forum for half a day!

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Voted for AC myself even though I doubt he'll win... Quintana is the man to beat for me. I think Froome will have a disappointing Vuelta.

TRENDING THREADS