• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2015 rumours

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Twice Cresta del Gallo

perfil_8.png

They ****ed up the profile of the penultimate stage.

Quick analysis:

+ Two proper mountain stages:

perfil_11.png

perfil_16.png

BTW if La Gallina is Cat. ESP, so is Cobertoria E.

+ A couple of decent descent finishes, and after the big mountain stages at that (OMG WTF ZOMG!!!1!)

perfil_18.png

perfil_19.png

Plus the following, penultimate stage: http://www.biciciclismo.com/comun/n...icial-su-recorrido-todos-los-perfiles-021.jpg.

All three stages are consecutive. Weird.

+ A decent ITT. Short, not enough, but I'd feared worse.

- Lack of proper hilly stages. The Castellon and Murcia stages get my blood boiling... they ****ed up potentially interesting stages on purpose, since they're afraid the big guys will try it out there. **** that.

- Loads, loads of essentially ______________/ stages. But we knew that already.

- 7,4km TTT. WTF? Pointless.

So Piedratecha is cat.3 but La Comella and Cordal N are cat.2 and Quesera is cat.1?!

Also, if they're going from Luarca to Tineo, why not Ambasvías (12km @ 3,2%) then the legitimately cat.1 Alto de Bustellán, over 13km at over 7%? That's a proper early test, and doesn't add distance to the stage or involve much re-routing at all.

I mean, it's not just the things in my ESP climbs thread that Unipublic are annoying. There are dozens of cat.1 climbs around to discover as well.

Libertine Seguros said:
So Piedratecha is cat.3 but La Comella and Cordal N are cat.2 and Quesera is cat.1?!

Also, if they're going from Luarca to Tineo, why not Ambasvías (12km @ 3,2%) then the legitimately cat.1 Alto de Bustellán, over 13km at over 7%? That's a proper early test, and doesn't add distance to the stage or involve much re-routing at all.

I mean, it's not just the things in my ESP climbs thread that Unipublic are annoying. There are dozens of cat.1 climbs around to discover as well.

Cobertoria E being the same category as La Quesera is absolutely absurd.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
la-vuelta-hace-oficial-su-recorrido-todos-los-perfiles-017.jpg

Aristébano: 15 km - 3'5 % (max 6 %) - IMH it's a 2nd cat.

Alto de Forcalllado 4'3 km - 6'2 % - IMH it's a 3rd cat.

Alto de Piedratecha (Tineo): 9'2 km - 5'5 % - IMH it's a 2nd cat

Alto de la Cabruñana: 4 km - 7'8 % - IMH it's a 3rd cat

Alto de Tenebredo: 3'4 km - 10'5 % - IMH it's a 2nd cat

Alto del Cordal: 13 km - 5 % - IMH it's a 2nd cat

Alto de la Cobertoria: 10 km - 8'76 % (with 5'4 km over 11'33 %) - IMH it's a ESP

Alto de Alba: 6'65 km - 11'2 % (with 5 km over 10 %) - IMH it's a ESP

More that 70 kms of climbs y more than 4500 metres of total percentage.