• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017, Stage 2: Nîmes - Gruissan. Grand Narbon 203.4km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Vuelta 2017, Stage 2: Nîmes - Gruissan. Grand Narbon 203

axl said:
Trentin is exactly 6s behind the red jersey. If he wins, he takes it (i doubt any of the bmc rider can do a top3).
But does he take it if he finishes 2nd ? I think the milliseconds make the decision but I cant find them.

Now Trentin finishing 1st or 2nd in a sprint is something quite possible, so BMC could be reticent to ride on the breakaway. Could they try to let go a breakaway with no dangerous rider (>40s in GC) and let them win with a short margin (<30s) ?
Depending on how hard the race is, Oss could manage a 3rd place

Re: Vuelta 2017, Stage 2: Nîmes - Gruissan. Grand Narbon 203

Brullnux said:
axl said:
Trentin is exactly 6s behind the red jersey. If he wins, he takes it (i doubt any of the bmc rider can do a top3).
But does he take it if he finishes 2nd ? I think the milliseconds make the decision but I cant find them.

Now Trentin finishing 1st or 2nd in a sprint is something quite possible, so BMC could be reticent to ride on the breakaway. Could they try to let go a breakaway with no dangerous rider (>40s in GC) and let them win with a short margin (<30s) ?
Depending on how hard the race is, Oss could manage a 3rd place

If Trentin wins, he would still get the jersey because the hundreths in a TTT don't count for GC.

Re: Re:

frisenfruitig said:
staubsauger said:
Degenkolb hasn't felt good yesterday. Who's the favorite in case he ain't much stronger today? Modulo, Lobato or even Manzin like Leclercq suggests!?

Maybe they'll go for Theuns then, he's been sprinting pretty strong lately.

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Theuns before. In great form from the BinkBank Tour, and in this field is one of the quickest here. Of course, Trek are probably all in for Dekenkolb on the very few pure sprint stages like this, but that'll soon change if Degenkolb isn't feeling great or a big bunch sprint is suddenly not on.

TRENDING THREADS