• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017, Stage 6 :Villareal to Sagunto 204.4 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

axl

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Re:

sir fly said:
I suppose Sky's tempo ride has something to do with cumulating fatigue before the race enters high mountains.
Doesn't look to me their concern is the jersey this early in the race.

I agree, it is the best explanation I've read.
If it was only because of the red jersey, there would be no need to take back the break, just let them 2/3 minutes.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
rick james said:
Valv.Piti said:
Froome really wants the red jersey until the end. I think thats both stupid and greedy.

Eh, that's the name of the game here :confused:
You clearly know what I mean.
Certainly dont make any friends and its pretty unlikeable, but oh well.

I agree with you.....great they are so strong but not great to rub others noses in it

Cycling is about popularity as well as wining ...its primarly to attract fans of racing (for sponsors) and to sell bikes
Hard for fans if one team are too dominant
And then Braislford and Froome are confused when they are not met with adulation outside Britain

kenk09 said:
Come on, Sky. Give the jersey to those cheeky little upstarts Astana. For the fans!
Thats not what we are saying tho. Its also just bad tactics, plain and simple, but Sky often have to so many watts that it doesnt matter in the end anyway. But it could matter in the end if they are planning to ride like this every day. Just stupid.

They really can't win. In other races they're criticised for not riding hard enough to bring back the break, because people want to see the GC riders fight for the win. They're not exactly burning matches here, and they'd be required to ride on the front either way. Why not keep the jersey?

kenk09 said:
They really can't win. In other races they're criticised for not riding hard enough to bring back the break, because people want to see the GC riders fight for the win. They're not exactly burning matches here, and they'd be required to ride on the front either way. Why not keep the jersey?
I dont think we are criticising Sky for that when they have the jersey, I know for a fact I haven't. Thats Movistar, Ag2R etc. That said it makes this stage better that Sky are riding so hard 'just' for the jersey.

TRENDING THREADS