• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017, Stage 7 :Llíria to Cuenca 207 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

rick james said:
Bloody team sky..... doing what they do in the tour to our beloved Vuelta

What exactly did they do today? They rode a steady pace to keep the break in check, since they're focused on the GC. There are teams who were not represented in the break, who are hunting for stages who decided to fight on another day. The finish wasn't hard enough to make a difference on GC.

Or is this sarcsasm?

Re:

Frihed89 said:
No need to watch anything tomorrow, except the last 5 km, where Fromme will try to grab a few more seconds. There's a 2 km climb, followed by a 2 km decent and flat 1 km finish.
A 2 km climb? Xorret de Cati is almost 4 kms.
1411.gif

Re: Re:

MatParker117 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Not an easy stage. Will be interesting to see if someone bonks tomorrow on Catí! If Orica doesn't try to catch the break I will be a bit mad, Chaves should have good chances, Contador likewise. We know he will have his troops trying to shut it down

Sky have been successful there as well.
On Xorret de Catí? I don't remember that, mainly because they have climbed it the most before their inception. If Im not mistaken they haven't climbed it since their virgin year in 2010. I hope the favourites will go all out, its most definitely the hardest climb they have faced so far. Its more than your standard murito. Its a killer!

Valv.Piti said:
MatParker117 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Not an easy stage. Will be interesting to see if someone bonks tomorrow on Catí! If Orica doesn't try to catch the break I will be a bit mad, Chaves should have good chances, Contador likewise. We know he will have his troops trying to shut it down

On Xorret de Catí? I don't remember that, mainly because they have climbed it the most before their inception. If Im not mistaken they haven't climbed it since their virgin year in 2010. I hope the favourites will go all out, its most definitely the hardest climb they have faced so far. Its more than your standard murito. Its a killer!
Poels won there last year in Comunitat Valenciana. He'll be shocked tomorrow when he sees how the big boys do it.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Vroome.exe said:
I so hate it when they say Mohoric copied Sagans style. Its Sagan who copied him and Kwiatkowski.
Neither.

Firstly that is nothing new. Sagan himself rides that way even in the pro field since ca 2010. Mohoric was in the juniors then. But, mainly, it is nothing new and not "someone's style". Just needs a certain skill set and a bit of an attitude.

Hate it when commentators in their glorification attempts feel the need to name every single feat based on the first rider *they* saw make it. It is low and ignorant. One should also not accept their game, arguing about the rider name. :eek:

Re:

johnymax said:
Strong break. Mohorič for the win :cool:

:cool:

I think I'm 2 out of 2 in my bold predictions this season. I predicted the stage win for Roglič in the Galibier stage. Well I also predicted his win on the next stage to Izoard, but it was more of a joke so doesn't count :p

What an absolutely stunning performance by Mohorič today. He attacked many times on the flat, rode the whole climb in front and then a great attack on the descent. Wow! I've been waiting long for something similar from him on the big stage. He's still only 22 and when he get's even stronger, he'll be so much fun to watch.

ihosama said:
Vroome.exe said:
I so hate it when they say Mohoric copied Sagans style. Its Sagan who copied him and Kwiatkowski.
Neither.

Firstly that is nothing new. Sagan himself rides that way even in the pro field since ca 2010. Mohoric was in the juniors then. But, mainly, it is nothing new and not "someone's style". Just needs a certain skill set and a bit of an attitude.

Hate it when commentators in their glorification attempts feel the need to name every single feat based on the first rider *they* saw make it. It is low and ignorant. One should also not accept their game, arguing about the rider name. :eek:

Well Mohorič used this particular style in the juniors back then.

Re:

gunara said:
Bol, the climber, the leader, riding for a Colombian team, yeah I know he lives somewhere, it's a young team, he's done this before, etc., but still, how weird. It's just plain weird, not even clinic-weird.

he lives in Girona. and it´s not weird. he played his chances both today and 2 days ago, and almost got the jersey. Sky can´t catch all the breakaways, and I´m glad of that, as a Sky fan.

gunara said:
portugal11 said:
Alexandre B. said:
Slovenian cycling is really good at the moment.
Why?

Don't think these are their best years either, or at least only on par with five or six years ago
Right now is easily the best time of Slovenian cycling. I've read Slovenia is the only country beside Italy who has a stage win in all three GTs this season. The best part is that the riders that have produced those results are for the most part still young and have the best years still ahead of them.

ice&fire said:
Valv.Piti said:
MatParker117 said:
Valv.Piti said:

Poels won there last year in Comunitat Valenciana. He'll be shocked tomorrow when he sees how the big boys do it.
Oh yeah, thats right. Xorret de Catí. <3

pastronef said:
gunara said:
Bol, the climber, the leader, riding for a Colombian team, yeah I know he lives somewhere, it's a young team, he's done this before, etc., but still, how weird. It's just plain weird, not even clinic-weird.

he lives in Girona. and it´s not weird. he played his chances both today and 2 days ago, and almost got the jersey. Sky can´t catch all the breakaways, and I´m glad of that, as a Sky fan.

yes, in reality it's not that weird, because we saw how it's done, he got dropped yesterday anyway, but if I had not followed in say two years, and suddenly I saw Burgos and today's result, I wouldn't believe my eyes.

johnymax said:
gunara said:
portugal11 said:
Alexandre B. said:
Slovenian cycling is really good at the moment.
Why?

Don't think these are their best years either, or at least only on par with five or six years ago
Right now is easily the best time of Slovenian cycling. I've read Slovenia is the only country beside Italy who has a stage win in all three GTs this season. The best part is that the riders that have produced those results are for the most part still young and have the best years still ahead of them.

How about 2010? Spilak 'won' Romandie, Brajkovic won Dauphine, Bole was 2nd in Poland, and they were quite young, too.

PS:
Not 22-23, I know

TRENDING THREADS