• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 Stage 3:Mijas to Alhaurín de la Torre 178.2 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Robert5091 said:
Can see a breakaway interested in the KOM jersey/points being reeled in after the two classified climbs, and the race starts again with about 40 km to go.
Would not be surprised if LRP & Sagan go home early too.

You think they'll abandon tomorrow?

Sagan won't, don't know about Richie.

A 20 km long climb in the 30C mid-day sun at GT speed whilst suffering before getting on the bike. Sagan had the Green Jersey to fight for at the TdF - what's here? A stage win, maybe, if he recovers.

You would have to think Quickstep will do everything in there power to get there sprinter over the hump. I don't think Movistar inparticular will waste energy pushing hard over the climbs with 2 serious GC threat there is lots of work for them to do over the next couple weeks.

Still I wonder if the heat and stage will sap the legs of pure sprinters. I have a suspicion it will be one for the strong men types. I will go with Nizzolo

Re:

Midnightfright said:
You would have to think Quickstep will do everything in there power to get there sprinter over the hump. I don't think Movistar inparticular will waste energy pushing hard over the climbs with 2 serious GC threat there is lots of work for them to do over the next couple weeks.

Still I wonder if the heat and stage will sap the legs of pure sprinters. I have a suspicion it will be one for the strong men types. I will go with Nizzolo
But he's Nizzolo...he can't win gt stages

Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Midnightfright said:

But he's Nizzolo...he can't win gt stages

Always I time for that to change! Solid shout for a podium is more realistic.

https://twitter.com/lavuelta/status/1034016525114593281
The sun is shining brightly but... What a windy day!

Southerly winds to add to the fun!

stage-3-route.jpg