• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Andalucia Ruta Ciclista Del Sol 2019

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

Clipboard.jpg

Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
sir fly said:
Despite the lack of wind, terrain could reward an initiative.

Who owns these plantations?
Do they use some machines for picking or slaves?
https://youtu.be/5mTMi7OuG0M?t=195

Then they take break to watch the race.
Clipboard.jpg

Seeing that video is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Samuel L Jackson secret brother discovering the pleasures of olive oil while a bunch of Spanish Stereotypes are thrown to the viewer (the women dressed in Flamenco style). Also notice the poor old man drinking olive oil like it was whisky. Priceless.

Chapeau Trentin! Lonnnng sprint :)

Stage 3 - Mancha Real - La Guardia de Jaén 16.2 km
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta-a-andalucia-ruta-ciclista-del-sol-2019/stage-2/results/
After Thursday’s transition stage, stage three on Friday will be a short but technical individual time trial through the olive groves of north-eastern Andalucia.

It is 16 kilometres long and with a long, but steady 4.8 kilometre climb in the first third and a nasty kick up at the end. The time trial is very similar in format to last year’s time trial, where Tim Wellens finished eighth and sealed his overall victory in Andalucia.

altimetria.jpg

Last 3 km-
3km.jpg

https://www.cyclingstage.com/ruta-del-sol-2019/stage-3-route-rds-2019/
The route of the trial to La Guardia de Jaén starts to rise shortly after the start. It is nowhere near steep though. The Puerto de 7 Pilillas is 4.8 kilometres and its average slope is 3.6%. That’s possibly too shallow for the climbers, but still, it could be demanding on a time trial bike.

The Puerto de 7 Pilillas is crested at kilometre 6.3 before the riders storm past the only check point at kilometre 7.7. The route continues downhill until kilometre 13. A section on the flat then runs to a false flat of 1.5 kilometres to the line in La Guardia de Jaén.

The first rider rolls down the start ramp at 13:30 and the last rider is expected to finish around 16:23.

My understanding is Affini has been given the green light to go full gas in the ITT, to see how his level stands up against seasoned pro's - Noticed that he took it easy yesterday - I've been impressed with his opening race days in which he's displayed power and strength - Apparently he will be riding the opening classics weekend.

Re:

yaco said:
My understanding is Affini has been given the green light to go full gas in the ITT, to see how his level stands up against seasoned pro's - Noticed that he took it easy yesterday - I've been impressed with his opening race days in which he's displayed power and strength - Apparently he will be riding the opening classics weekend.
Yeah, he is in provisional starlist for Newsblad

TRENDING THREADS