• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Andalucia Ruta Ciclista Del Sol 2019

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard.gif

GC
Clipboard.gif

Re: Re:

Koronin said:
tobydawq said:
Koronin said:
Nice to see Barbero finally get a podium this year.

Yeah, Movistar really ruled that race :p

:lol: I think I said that had a 0% chance of winning anything at this race.

You did, so it wasn't a jab at you, don't worry. Just comical that this is a Spanish stage race where the best Movistar rider was Héctor Carretero (who did a fine job on the GC for him).

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Koronin said:
tobydawq said:
Koronin said:
Nice to see Barbero finally get a podium this year.

Yeah, Movistar really ruled that race :p

:lol: I think I said that had a 0% chance of winning anything at this race.

You did, so it wasn't a jab at you, don't worry. Just comical that this is a Spanish stage race where the best Movistar rider was Héctor Carretero (who did a fine job on the GC for him).

Ok. I completely agree with you. How can the Spanish team send a team that can't win to a Spanish race. I didn't understand that before the race and I still don't understand it now. Although I actually do like Barbero, my comment about his podium is actually along the same lines as your thinking as well. This isn't exactly going to help them with the Spanish fans. (Also interestingly enough in an interview this week Valverde mentioned that he hopes to get the funding together to eventually add a Continental team to ever growing number of teams he currently owns and runs. If he does add that team wonder if he'll stay with Movistar as well as they've said they'll invent a position to keep him as part of their team when he eventually retires.)

TRENDING THREADS