• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Andalucia (Ruta Del Sol) 2.HC // 18.2 - 22.2

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Taxus4a said:
It will be a nervious stage, they have to be always in the front to avoid any crash or echelon, and mainly in the final climb to put well his rider. I think Froome and Contador will be both in the top 10 tomorrow, at least one of them, the 800 metres previous to the last 200 m are at 6 %, and there will be 200 m at 8 %, in the last meters, splits are almost sure in the top 20 riders.

http://alhaurinsocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/altimetria.jpg

Of course Lobato and Degenkolb are the favourites.

Well, I didnt see the stage but I see I was right. It must have been a nice and trilling finale, Be?at lose some time.

LaFlorecita said:
Great sprint by Froome, he must have really wanted that points jersey.:rolleyes: I hope he's happy he denied Alberto even the smallest prize to take home

dawson_crying.jpg

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Yukkk the greatest rider of his generation gets beat by a limpit eggnog faced spin minion ,,,,

But us fans of stylish rider's with flair and natural talent and Bertie has tons of that should keep smiling and here is why.

Bertie beat up up the eggnog wizard in the ITT

Bertie then went about usual business and took off and left the eggnog wizard eating the dust of defeat but this was King Bertie's mistake. he should not have let up on that last climb. He should " and should in future" have hammered home his superiority and put the race to bed.

The small eyed eggnog man wins one stage when and Lets be honest , Bertie looked heavy legged.

Im am happy for the next time they meet as Bertie will destroy Froome once again.

Take your victory Sky fan boys because just like last season the ET lookalike will not win NUFFINK of any importance.

Scores Bertie 2 vs Froome 1 " tired Bertie"

THE KING LIVES :D

ps no sign of bigfoot or UFO activity in todays race.

LaFlorecita said:
Great sprint by Froome, he must have really wanted that points jersey.:rolleyes: I hope he's happy he denied Alberto even the smallest prize to take home

LaFlorecita said:
Yes, Michelle loves the trophy, so surely the Alien will go full *** to win. Better get your bets in early.

I wonder if you're just looking for attention.

And then you have the guts to lecture people on what's respectful and what's not.

Disgusting.

ray j willings said:
Yukkk the greatest rider of his generation gets beat by a limpit eggnog faced spin minion ,,,,

But us fans of stylish rider's with flair and natural talent and Bertie has tons of that should keep smiling and here is why.

Bertie then went about usual business and took off and left the eggnog wizard eating the dust of defeat but this was King Bertie's mistake. he should not have let up on that last climb. He should " and should in future" have hammered home his superiority and put the race to bed.

The small eyed eggnog man wins one stage when and Lets be honest , Bertie looked heavy legged.

Im am happy for the next time they meet as Bertie will destroy Froome once again.

Take your victory Sky fan boys because just like last season the ET lookalike will not win NUFFINK of any importance.

Yip Contador sure looked "stylish" when Froome left him buckled side ways on his bike.

ray j willings said:

I really don't know what to make of you, either you're a giant troll or you are one of the coolest people on here:D

LaFlorecita said:
I assume you are just ignoring me on twitter so I'll state it here: Echoes asked me to ask you to clear your PM inbox.

If I am ignoring someone, it's not you. My inbox is clear, Echoes PM'd me. I have not opened them yet.

LaFlorecita said:
Alberto could be zigzagging all over the road hunched over the handlebars in a way reminiscent of the great man Evans and he'd still look more stylish than the 150 RPM praying mantis.

So classy again. People like you are the ones who take this forum down to kindergarten level. Always trying to be funny with moronic snide remarks, insulting riders without thinking twice. And at the same time pass this harmless sweet girl image. Again I say, disgusting.

ray j willings said:

Don't know of it's just trolling but it's posters like yourself with the pathetic name calling whenever Froome does well that have made this week even more enjoyable for me, that's not a mark on all Contador fans though. As people know there are AC fans on here and twitter that I genuinely get on with and respect.

Oh and for the record 2-1 is not right when Froome has taken the GC, and finished the jersey wearer in points, and ahead in mountain, and ahead in the team classification. :D

BigMac said:
If I am ignoring someone, it's not you. My inbox is clear, Echoes PM'd me. I have not opened them yet.

So classy again. People like you are the ones who take this forum down to kindergarten level. Always trying to be funny with moronic snide remarks, insulting riders without thinking twice. And at the same time pass this harmless sweet girl image. Again I say, disgusting.

Sorry, I really don't care what you think of me as your moral standards are rather, let's say, dubious.

Pricey_sky said:
Don't know of it's just trolling but it's posters like yourself with the pathetic name calling whenever Froome does well that have made this week even more enjoyable for me, that's not a mark on all Contador fans though. As people know there are AC fans on here and twitter that I genuinely get on with and respect.

Oh and for the record 2-1 is not right when Froome has taken the GC, and finished the jersey wearer in points, and ahead in mountain, and ahead in the team classification. :D

Pricey, I think we should only consider the direct battles, because the classifications are the result of those direct battles. We can say that Froome is 1-0 ahead in race wins.

Bushman said:
This is pathetic and you know it. In professional cycling you don't hand out gifts left and right and especially not to your biggest rival. This is professional sportsmanship, there is no reason to try and make it out to be something personal between Froome and Contador.

Indeed pathetic remark from LaFlorecita, if Froome wanted to be sure to win this, the best thing was to finish ahead of Contador... if that means he scores points for another jersey so be it, that was not his mean objectif...

Miburo said:
Some of you fail to realise that Contador has never been able to beat a Froome at 100%, you can make the same argument for contador though.

It's good that there's this stage

Well, stage 2 of the Dauphine last year was the closest we've been to Contador 100% vs Froome 100%, and Froome won that one. Can't wait for a real battle at the TdF tho, that stage was one of the best mountain stages I can remember in recent history

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:

Vuelta a Andalucia (Ruta Del Sol) is the race I watched.
Did you see the ITT where Bertie went quicker than Mr Froome 1 nil to Bertie

Did you see Bertie drop Mr Froome and and win yesterdays stage 2 nil to Bertie

Mr Froome won yesterday and going from previous meetings with a on form healthy Bertie then obviously Bertie was not on good form . 2 vs 1

King Bertie wins:D

I am indeed a Bertie Fan and have not 1 but 2 signed posters after meeting the man himself in London.

You are coming at me with words like an angry bell ringer.

I say " chill " " relaxxxx" " have a cup of tea" Its only a egg based ET man riding a bike:D

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Lol Ray, that's some great troll logic there, props.

I believe the Froomebot had a higher finishing position on stages 1a, 2 and 5 so it in fact looks like the score is 4-2 to the Froomedawg. Better luck next time.

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
ray j willings said:

Mr Froome won yesterday and going from previous meetings with a on form healthy Bertie then obviously Bertie was not on good form . 2 vs 1

I am indeed a Bertie Fan and have not 1 but 2 signed posters after meeting the man himself in London.

I say " chill " " relaxxxx" " have a cup of tea" Its only a egg based ET man riding a bike:D

1-0 for Contador after TT, 2-0 after first mountain. 2-1 after second mountain and 2-2 after Froome took the overall. I don't see why that shouldn't count. On top that, he also took the points jersey and his team was dominant throughout, just look at that gap in the team GC.
You could even consider it a 1-2, because the day Contador won, he was already ahead because of a tactical move, but Froome then went on to regain ground on him and kept closing until the finish. So he wasn't stronger on the day, he just started ahead of Froome. I fail to see a 2-1 score in Contador's favour.

ray j willings said:

Froome won the Vuelta a Andalucia even not taking risk in the ITT and despiete his bad work os his team in Hazallanas. so of course froome won.

Taking 28 secons in a short climb he can put two minutes on Contador in a hard stage in le Tour. As well Contador could take some seconds some day, I dont rule out that

Taxus4a said:
Froome won the Vuelta a Andalucia even not taking risk in the ITT and despiete his bad work os his team in Hazallanas. so of course froome won.

Taking 28 secons in a short climb he can put two minutes on Contador in a hard stage in le Tour. As well Contador could take some seconds some day, I dont rule out that

It is to early to be making predictions like this. Predictions in favor of either Froome or Contador won't be mean much right now. Neither of them are in top shape.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
ray j willings said:

You sir, are a legend!