• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Colombia (2.2) 2/8 -- 15/8

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

jens_attacks said:
I can't see any data
If aguirre repeats the same performances as in this vuelta in europe, he will be a better climber than quintana
24quywy.jpg

qpj6gz.jpg

It's not 17.4 Km long nor 15.6Km climb with almost 1000m vertical gain.
That's the main reason why many were faster than Gomez last year.

pretty scary that if not for you, i would have never noticed the huge error. because the finish line was again after a very hard right turn.

thanks a lot!

they finished indeed 1 km earlier, right after the texaco station.

it makes sense, those climbing times were beyond any form of unhuman

thanks again.

No problem, Jens.
I was also puzzled but I read in a local newspaper that they would be finishing at Texaco
http://www.elcolombiano.com/luis-felipe-laverde-gano-la-penultima-etapa-de-la-vuelta-a-colombia-BX2541939
Serán 17.5 kilómetros de distancia desde el edificio Inteligente de Empresas Públicas de Medellín hasta la bomba Texaco de Las Palmas. Un recorrido nocturno comenzará a las 6:30 p.m.
...but all official reports (profile, results plus this piece of news), gave the wrong distance to the summit... So I asked further and got those pictures.
I don't understand why they planned one thing and did other, the traffic impact was exactly the same stopping at Texaco or in the Alto, the effect on the GC would be less than 5 or 10 secs.

However, I would like to get some power calculation, if possible.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

slosada said:
No problem, Jens.
I was also puzzled but I read in a local newspaper that they would be finishing at Texaco
http://www.elcolombiano.com/luis-felipe-laverde-gano-la-penultima-etapa-de-la-vuelta-a-colombia-BX2541939
Serán 17.5 kilómetros de distancia desde el edificio Inteligente de Empresas Públicas de Medellín hasta la bomba Texaco de Las Palmas. Un recorrido nocturno comenzará a las 6:30 p.m.
...but all official reports (profile, results plus this piece of news), gave the wrong distance to the summit... So I asked further and got those pictures.
I don't understand why they planned one thing and did other, the traffic impact was exactly the same stopping at Texaco or in the Alto, the effect on the GC would be less than 5 or 10 secs.

However, I would like to get some power calculation, if possible.
give me exact distance of climb, average gradient and exact time of the climb