• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 7: September 5 - Valencia, 30km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
180mmCrank said:
Evans is looking smooth - I wonder if he's going fast?

Just on Evans, the silence kit he is wearing looks like last seasons one. I thought this seasons one had a bit more purple on it compared to last seasons. This one looks like it has alot more red on it - like last years. I know i'm most definetely wrong but it just popped into my head when i saw it.

Maybe its just the feed i'm seeing.....

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I get the strong feeling Evans and the others that started after him are losing more time due to worse weather at the start

EDIT: I can hear the wind, which I couldn't before

Well, im outta here for the night.....need some zzzzzz. It is like 1.15am here in Aus. Lucky i don't have much planned for my sunday. A ride, watch some Vuelta, mow the lawn. Just the usual. Catch you guys later.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know how long the vinegar would be effective? You would think rotating through water would dilute it pretty quickly.

Greipel does not look comfortable on the TT bike.

pedaling squares said:
Does anyone know how long the vinegar would be effective? You would think rotating through water would dilute it pretty quickly.

No idea - maybe it's aquaphobic and repels the water? But can't believe it has a significant effect. Sounds more like a 'magic sponge' effect to me - mechanic's bull sh!t :)

Mechanic wispers to Sanchez in the start house - "Ah - I have put some special vinegar on your wheels to make you go fast"

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
No idea - maybe it's aquaphobic and repels the water? But can't believe it has a significant effect. Sounds more like a 'magic sponge' effect to me - mechanic's bull sh!t :)

Mechanic wispers to Sanchez in the start house - "Ah - I have put some special vinegar on your wheels to make you go fast"

The TVE auxiliary commentators mentioned it because Pedro Delgado (who is commentating) said a few stages ago that it was very effective when used in very wet TTs.

TRENDING THREADS