• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 7: September 5 - Valencia, 30km

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Vuelta a España - Stage 7: September 5 - Valencia, 30km

Anyone got individual start times for tomorrows riders?

First rider sets off at 13:20, last one finishes about 17:30(Spanish time).

7.gif

That is as flat as flat can be.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cancellara will be back in the mailliot oro. Sanchez and evans will have to make some time on Basso and valverde as the mountains are coming... Gesink and Mosquera are going to be even further behind after tomorrows stage they will just have to minimise their loses on a pancake flat tt circuit

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Gonna be an interesting stage.
Vino (tho I don't really think he is a GC threat) and Evans will be the best of the GC men imo. They will enjoy the course more then the rest.
Valverde, Basso, Gesink, Mosquera, Sanchez will all be looking to limit thier losses. Valverde, Basso and Sanchez are unpredictable tho, at this distance they could be right up there. The course being pretty flat, big broad roads are gonna suit large engines.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The only way Cancellara won't win is if he crashes. I haven't been to Valencia (Barcelona is the only place in Spain that I have been to), but couldn't they have found a decent hill or two to at least make the TT interesting?

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Daggone, that poor Borut Bozic was struggling to get the champagne bottle open on the podium.The organizers really should loosen up the corks for these guys.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
The only way Cancellara won't win is if he crashes. I haven't been to Valencia (Barcelona is the only place in Spain that I have been to), but couldn't they have found a decent hill or two to at least make the TT interesting?

I feel like even if he crashes goes to the hospital, has x-rays, then comes back and starts again where he crashed, he will still win. He is on fire right now. For second place I will go with Grabsch, than Millar.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
knewcleardaze said:
Daggone, that poor Borut Bozic was struggling to get the champagne bottle open on the podium.The organizers really should loosen up the corks for these guys.

Poor ole Bozic starts 2 minutes before Canc in the tt. i think bozic might have a meeting with Fabian during the tt.Fabian will win with grabsch in 2nd. I think the tt will suit guys who have a big engine in the tt so for the gc guys it should suit Evans. A dead flat circuit won't suit the climbers like gesink, Mosquera or Basso. i'm not sure how valverde will go on a dead flat circuit. If theirs a head wind then we could see some big time gaps. if their is a tailwind the climbers will lose very little time

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
i think bozic might have a meeting with Fabian during the tt.Fabian will win with grabsch in 2nd.

that's what i think. although valverde could do well. i don't think he's gonna lose as much time to evans as he did in the dauphine tt.

tondo is a decent tt rider, but in this field he might lose 2 minutes or more.

No hiding in the bunch today. REAL contenders and phoney contenders will be revealed.

To go well: Evans, Valverde, Basso, Sanchez and probably Gesink.
To not: The Schlecks, Cunego, Gomez Marchante
To who knows? Vino, Tom Danielson, Mosquera, Fuglsang

Rain during the ITT? If so, that will be three on the trot, if you include the ENECO lottery.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
The ITT doesn't seem technical enough for Sánchez to do well. It's not all power, though, so he shouldn't lose gobs of time.

I predict Evans will disappoint. Although I hope he won't. It would be great for the racing to have him fight for the GC win :)

A

Anonymous

dave millar rode great and was robbed by the heaviest of hte rain in the prologue..

heart says millar to pull something special out of the bag.. head says the freak of nature will win again..

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
that's what i think. although valverde could do well. i don't think he's gonna lose as much time to evans as he did in the dauphine tt.

tondo is a decent tt rider, but in this field he might lose 2 minutes or more.
Of course, he couldn't take his medicine when in France.

auscyclefan94 said:
Cancellara will be back in the mailliot oro. Sanchez and evans will have to make some time on Basso and valverde as the mountains are coming... Gesink and Mosquera are going to be even further behind after tomorrows stage they will just have to minimise their loses on a pancake flat tt circuit

Gesink can not be named in the same league as Mosquera concerning TT's, even if they are dead flat. Just do some research on Gesink and you'll know why I say that ;)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink can not be named in the same league as Mosquera concerning TT's, even if they are dead flat. Just do some research on Gesink and you'll know why I say that ;)

top 10 at olympics and worlds last year. it seems that if you can climb people automatically assume you can't do a decent tt

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
so far:

Meta
1 18 Riblon 37:34
2 152 Boom a 6
3 207 Mouris a 28
4 177 Rabon a 38
5 98 Roux a 41
6 145 Devolder a 43
7 67 Konovalovas a 57

bit of a surprise there.
does anyone know if riblon and boom had different weather?
susan?? :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Deja vu?
A week on, racing track and peeing down!
Another ITT lottery.
Grabsch will hold off Millar, but Vino has the equal fastest split.....

Nope, but deja vu with Vino injuring his left knee, then doing well (so far) in a rainy TT.

Dejá vu for the doping test too? :p

Sánchez passing Mosquera already for 1 minute.

I'm very interested in Danielson. Think he'll do well today

TRENDING THREADS