• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 7: September 5 - Valencia, 30km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
I'm also impressed with Fuglsang so far this year, and am curious to see how he does in a GT. But I'm curious why you're saying he's not as handicapped as Schleck in the TT, since he only finished this one 20 seconds ahead of him. I didn't notice much of a difference, to be honest.

Yes the 20 seconds seems not much, but given this is Fuglsang's first GT, he's not so bad. If you recall Andy's first TDF ITT 08, he was close to 4 mins behind Evans in the though much longer ITT (around 40km). I suppose Fuglsang will improve, as did Contador, as well as A. Schleck...

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
cyclingmikeinsd said:
Is anyone else getting frustrated/angered by the US tv broadcasters inability to pronounce almost any name or word? Did these guys graduate from eight grade? I think Valverde is the only name they get correct and whenever they try to expand their vocabulary they do not have a clue as to how to speak. How did they get these jobs?

are you watching on the unversalsports.com? select the web video. I like the announcer, he is good, nice english accent, so he's not american. i saw the tv video, the announcer was horrible, they pronounced Ciolek, see-o lick. so obviously they dont follow cycling at all...