• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 8: September 6 - Alzira - Alto de Aitana, 206km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, I'm not shocked that Schleck left, whenever someone uses the phrase:

"I'm using [insert race name here] to prepare for [insert other name here]"

You can bet money that they won't be racing that hard and probably won't finish. I AM a little disappointed that I never got to see him tear up a mountain stage though.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Peter weening taking control in the mountains competition.
Having a really good season. Not so sure rabobank will leave him off the tour team come 2010.

I've seen Weening in the Tour of California the last couple of years. He'd be an asset to any team.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
yup and while rabobank was having a dreadful tour, he was riding strong in austria. He has potential to be a real strong domestique.

Caisse really ripping it up.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
funny that Sanchez had to change his bike twice and now is without a team. He is a great/the best descender, but to not have anyone with him is that smart?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
probably should have said anyone I think will do well will quit before the end of week two.

Sorry for being picky, but the non-spanish fight tooth and nail for this race, as evidenced by the fact that in the past 4 years only one edition was won by a spanish rider. That's really the only thing I took offence to :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Vacansoleil keeps on impressing. As they said before the Vuelta, every day is a chance to claim victory. They sure live up to their promises.

TRENDING THREADS