• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 9: September 7 - Alcoy - Xorret de Catí, 186km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Evans is in a lot better shape than I expected. Looking at the way he responded to sharp pace changes, he appears to be climbing better than he normally does.

If he doesn't crack mentally (again) he will win this thing for sure.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Sánchez lost a minute on the others. That's what happens when you crash: it's always worse the day after the crash than it is on the day itself.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Sammy Sanchez lost close to a minute to the other GC men.
gesink in 3rd :D
Evans looked really strong today (at this stage he looks best bet to win) And Valv was good too.
Cunego riding good.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
You mean Evans. Gesink swerved wildly. Not that it would've made a difference to the results, but it was very dangerous.
What do you mean wouldnt have made any difference, once you just touch the brakes just slightly you have lost your chance. He was right in there with a shot until Gesink swerved.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Uhm, you people do realize that no matter how whiney Evans normally is, what Gesink did is against the rules, right?

Gesink doesn't care.
In the Achterhoek there are no rules and whining is not allowed.

Plus he still hates Evans for that Paris-Nice stage.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
What do you mean wouldnt have made any difference, once you just touch the brakes just slightly you have lost your chance. He was right in there with a shot until Gesink swerved.

You're not seriously considering it would've made a difference? Valverde had gapped them already and would win the sprint regardless

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:

lol no way he would have beat valverde in that sprint.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm reading your reports, emotions and summaries from my phone. keep it coming... It's like listening to the radio, old school cycling style. Very exciting although I can't wait to get home and see the replay :)