• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2016 Rumours

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A downhill finish in stage 4, two sprint stages instead of La Camperona and Peña Cabarga and a harder approach to the MTFs in stages 9 and 17 would have made a half passable route. At least we've been spared from the two additional final ramps I feared in stages 6 and 16. Worst route in recent years.

The riders targeting the Tour and Olympics could find this route a bit demanding.
The organizers really should ease off with their trade mark uphill sprints. And the line separating branding from overuse isn't that thin to be passed unnoticed.

I guess I just don't understand why people that have all this negative things to say bother to follow the sport. I'm in my 7th decade, my advice is spend your life doing and watching things you enjoy then when the end is nearing you can say Wow I really enjoyed my time here and it was a life well lived. Since I love and enjoy bike racing I'll enjoy this Vuelta and just about any other race I choose to watch. Sprint races bore me, so I usually just watch the final 5-10km.

The course is just not that awful and there are some really nice stages and multiple opportunities for riders to make their mark!

I love stage 13, and I kind of like stage 12

I don't mind the French stage, mostly because it's the only genuinely good mountain stage in there and because Aubisque isn't used very often.

I don't mind Mirador de Ezaro, but that's only ifit's the only finish like that. They have used it as a pass before, why not now? That would be awesome.

Covadonga is due for a lay off. For one of the iconic Vuelta climbs it's really coming back too often with too little action. Wait five years at least, reintroduce it with an MTT.

Pena Cabarga. AGAIN!? They have gazillions of climbs like that, and they use this one, and in that way. Nuke it already

TT, too late and too short

Aitana, don't know it very well, but it hasn't been in for a while. That's ok.

Well, then we have 19 MTF's I still haven't discussed because I don't want to. Except that Unipublic has decided to outUnipublic itself coming up with the ultimate Unipublic profile that is the stage to La Camparona. They've probably seen our ___________/ jokes and though, hey, that's actually a great idea, lets outdo ourselves

And to finish off with a little thing I like. The profiles are better, the Vuelta ones always just looked like crap, and these are way better.

Re:

roundabout said:
I think Vuelta used to put up 3D profiles before, must have been in the mid 00's.
They did, but that was with a ludicrous x-axis where they wanted to focus on the climbs so completely skewed them out by making them twice as big as flat terrain on the profiles. In 2008 they switched to something that actually better reflected the actual profile, but switched to 2D in the process.

Re:

Descender said:
Carols said:
Descender said:
Good route. Lots of variation with some stages finishing uphill, others after a descent, two ITTs, 4-5 tough high mountain stages and plenty of chances to attack from afar. 9/10.

Thanks at least someone else thinks it is a nice route! I'd give it a 7.5 or 8.

How could you miss the sarcasm haha

This is so funny.

Sorry Carols.