• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 rest day 2

Just some intermezzo discussion :D

EEBINk5WsAA8Ujk.jpg:large

Reactions: Carols
Maybe this was discussed elsewhere but I want to mention Edet - what an unexpected Vuelta he has had - not only the jersey, but also the fact he is still sort of going for the GC at the Grand tour. Must be a special experience for him, completely different racing strategy and also for the team. I really wish he can hold on to his top 10 position and hope he will feel happy about it.

There are of course more riders in the current top 10 deserving a mention but Edet is special to me ever since his first pro win was taken from him last year at the Tour de l'Ain when he was relegated under rather strange circumstances. He got his win later that year and now this Vuelta must be an extra satisfaction.

Maybe this was discussed elsewhere but I want to mention Edet - what an unexpected Vuelta he has had - not only the jersey, but also the fact he is still sort of going for the GC at the Grand tour. Must be a special experience for him, completely different racing strategy and also for the team. I really wish he can hold on to his top 10 position and hope he will feel happy about it.

There are of course more riders in the current top 10 deserving a mention but Edet is special to me ever since his first pro win was taken from him last year at the Tour de l'Ain when he was relegated under rather strange circumstances. He got his win later that year and now this Vuelta must be an extra satisfaction.

What happened at the Tour de l'Ain?

There are a few riders in & around the top 10 that are perhaps unexpected but pleasing to see - Edet is one of course, but also Pernsteiner, Hagen, Knox & Higuita...
That's the one upside to a relatively weak or crash-affected GC battle - lots of new names emerging :)

TRENDING THREADS