• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 stage 12: Navarra - Bilbao > 171.4 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Break: Philippe Gilbert and Tim Declercq (Deceuninck-QuickStep), Valerio Conti and Marco Marcato (UAE Team Emirates), Francisco Ventoso (CCC Team), José Joaquín Rojas (Movistar), Nikias Arndt (Team Sunweb), John Degenkolb and Jacopo Mosca (Trek-Segafredo), Heinrich Haussler (Bahrain-Merida), Manuele Boaro (Astana), Willie Smit (Katusha-Alpecin), Jonathan Lastra and Alexander Aranburu (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA), Tsgabu Grmay (Mitchelton-Scott), Tosh van der Sande (Lotto Soudal), Felix Großschartner (Bora-Hansgrohe), Cyril Barthe and Fernando Barceló (Euskadi-Murias).

Maybe today will finally be Aranburu's day?

Break: Philippe Gilbert and Tim Declercq (Deceuninck-QuickStep), Valerio Conti and Marco Marcato (UAE Team Emirates), Francisco Ventoso (CCC Team), José Joaquín Rojas (Movistar), Nikias Arndt (Team Sunweb), John Degenkolb and Jacopo Mosca (Trek-Segafredo), Heinrich Haussler (Bahrain-Merida), Manuele Boaro (Astana), Willie Smit (Katusha-Alpecin), Jonathan Lastra and Alexander Aranburu (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA), Tsgabu Grmay (Mitchelton-Scott), Tosh van der Sande (Lotto Soudal), Felix Großschartner (Bora-Hansgrohe), Cyril Barthe and Fernando Barceló (Euskadi-Murias).

Maybe today will finally be Aranburu's day?
Nope. Phil Gil's day.

Ineos again with no one in the breakaway. What a pointless Vuelta...
It would be a hame if they waste the last climb but even if there are attacks I don't think anyone will be able to distance Roglic
Could almost see it when they announced their team, picking Elissonde over Cruz, then picking Cruz again along with 4 rouleurs who can't do anything else than help captains. Everything about the team this Vuelta has been completely clueless.
But Movistar, winning 2 stages and being 2nd and 4th, are the clueless ones, apparently.

Could almost see it when they announced their team, picking Elissonde over Cruz, then picking Cruz again along with 4 rouleurs who can't do anything else than help captains. Everything about the team this Vuelta has been completely clueless.
But Movistar, winning 2 stages and being 2nd and 4th, are the clueless ones, apparently.

looks like their objective is to stay invisible for some reason... perhaps some there is Zubeldia team competition too

I still can't understand Thomas not riding the Vuelta. Hart has (to my disappointment) not been as good as I thought he would, and Poels has not been at his usual level, either. But neither of those guys have ever shown they could be legitimate GT GC threats.

Reactions: KZD
Think großschartner probably went too early. He might have had a shot on the final climb had he stayed in the group.
Still I'm at least pleased to see the austrian bora boys are riding more aggressively recently. Now only konrad is ninjaing his way through stage races

TRENDING THREADS