• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 stage 15: Tineo - Santuario del Acebo > 154.4 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard.jpg

Amazing performance by Valverde.

Dno what has happened to Lopez lately, but I suspect he will be much better on lesser gradients tomorrow. And great to see that the Vale-Quintana duel is now finally put to rest after Quintana proving again and again how he can be great one day and mediocre the next, this is Quintana 2018-2019 for you.

Pogacar is too young to criticize for it, but would like to see him take the initiative and attack at some point. First GT at 20 years old is amazing regardless.
I think he is uncharted territory and he doesn't want to blow up. This is his first 3 week GT, isn't it? He's incredibly impressive. The future looks exciting with he and the rest of these young guys coming up.

Reactions: perico
Amazing performance by Valverde.

Dno what has happened to Lopez lately, but I suspect he will be much better on lesser gradients tomorrow. And great to see that the Vale-Quintana duel is now finally put to rest after Quintana proving again and again how he can be great one day and mediocre the next, this is Quintana 2018-2019 for you.

It's a bit of a pity that Roglic is as strong as he is but fair play to him; there's nothing to be done. But that Valverde could attack and fully compete with him today was pretty amazing. I really, really, really hope he can be at this level at Lombardia and finally get that monkey off his back.

Tyler was more of a grinder on big mountains. Kuss is a pure climber, and a natural. He climbing style is very similar to Andy Hampsten. Almost identical. Both out of the saddle and smoothe.
The funny thing is that his legs looked rather soft, with no real definition at the Giro. If you saw him you'd think that he was just someone who rides his bike for fun, but then he'd drop you like it's nothing.
His climbing style is pretty awesome.

Reactions: perico
Great stage from valverde. I'm hoping for more from alejandro, quintana is out. I'm just begging that valverde can put in a attack like he did today but from far out. Trying to destroy roglic with 50 km to go. This is the only way to win the vuelta. But please, TRY TO WIN THE VUELTA!! you already have 5045774 vuelta podiums

TRENDING THREADS