• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Rest day 1 talk/poll

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is going to win this Vuelta

• Froome

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Valverde

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Dan Martin

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Roglic

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Carapaz

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • Chaves

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters
Someone asked for pictures of hair cuts for the first rest day. Here's a picture from rest day 1 press conference for Movistar's 3 leaders.

rueda-de-prensa-movistar.jpeg

They should really work with Alpecin. All of them with more hair than I remember.

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
It would be better if all the top riders actually stayed in this race past the first half imo... Let's not have another GT where the top two never even made a top 10 before

I agree, but Thomas and Yates were already out by the 1st rest day though, so it's not related with TGH not considered in the mix at that point. He just did not look that good in the beginning of the race and became better as the race went on

Strange that Carthy is not in the poll, not expecting him to win but he is second in the gc, and deserves to be second.

For my vote, if the Giro is anything to go by the winner will be some random British Ineos domestique who has already lost time, such as (checks startlist...) that guy Chris Froome

• Haha
Reactions: Carols and SafeBet
Strange that Carthy is not in the poll, not expecting him to win but he is second in the gc, and deserves to be second.

For my vote, if the Giro is anything to go by the winner will be some random British Ineos domestique who has already lost time, such as (checks startlist...) that guy Chris Froome

I forgot to add him when creating the poll and then was to embarrassed to add him later. :grimacing:

Reactions: Ranagazoo
No positive coronavirus tests on first rest day, good news.

"After having been tested preceding the official start in Irun as well as upon their arrival on La Vuelta as a part of the “race bubble”, riders and staff involved in the race were tested a 3rd time during the 1st rest day. The objective of the screening campaign is to guarantee the health of the race for the riders and accredited personnel in the face of the novel coronavirus.
Overall, each of the 684 tests carried out returned negative results.
The organisers of La Vuelta and the UCI would like to thank all of the teams and riders for their collaboration and for the vigilance that they have shown and will continue to show up until the finish in Madrid."

TRENDING THREADS