Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 10 (Castro Urdiales › Suances 185 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm curious what DQS is gonna do. Pull for Bennett or go in break with Cavagna/Bagioli? I'm guessing the latter, I think it's too hard for Bennett.
Bagioli and Bennett would both be among the favourites if it came down to a bunch finish so I'd go that way. Roglic and other punchy GC riders are probably not going to go all in here with the weekend coming. They'd need about 3 riders in the break to have the same chance

Reactions: happytramp
Cavagna or Aranburu from a break or Roglic or Bagioli if it comes back to a big group finish. Breakaway win is more likely as seems too hard to bet on working all day for Sam Bennett and the GC teams won’t want to fight all day for a final here where only a few seconds are likely to be won and lost,

Reactions: Sandisfan
DQS have three potential cards to play today in Bennett, Steimle and Bagioli. I think they will go for it. At Bora they are not sure how it will play out today and with McCarthy out they might opt out of chasing. It's all up to DQS, or teams like Astana if Aranburu fancies his chances.

Weak break - got to be some interest in the peloton in getting this back which could make for a pretty interesting shake out later :)
Yeah, the peloton will have to be feeling pretty lazy for this to be allowed go all the way. Let’s hope DQS are annoyed enough to pull it back (and haven‘t looked at the finish in the road book because surely that’s out of Bennett’s range?)

Yeah, the peloton will have to be feeling pretty lazy for this to be allowed go all the way. Let’s hope DQS are annoyed enough to pull it back (and haven‘t looked at the finish in the road book because surely that’s out of Bennett’s range?)
Looking seriously lazy but it seems like the bunch have decided to get it under control a bit so maybe not a complete damp squib

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts