• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 5 (Huesca - Sabiñanigo, 181.4 km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looked like Roglic caused Rojas to end up crashing. Hence the reason for everyone getting the same time. To me that is fair. Either everyone gets the same time from where the crash started (which was with Roglic and Rojas) or all time gaps must stand. Now I would not regulate Roglic as it appeared more to be taking the corner to fast on the inside than it was anything else. However, someone should say something to him about paying better attention to the optimum line in corners.

But there was a crash caused by him. He needs to be lectured by Alaphilippe on how to keep his line.

Looked like Roglic caused Rojas to end up crashing. Hence the reason for everyone getting the same time. To me that is fair. Either everyone gets the same time from where the crash started (which was with Roglic and Rojas) or all time gaps must stand. Now I would not regulate Roglic as it appeared more to be taking the corner to fast on the inside than it was anything else. However, someone should say something to him about paying better attention to the optimum line in corners.

It's a good thing we have that cycling classes thread now, so the pros have an overview as well. If they want to improve they know where to go.

It starts with Roglic having to dodge the other Movistar guy in the first place
Totally. He's accelerating and there's a Movidrone pulling the plug in the middle of the corner. In basketball that's called "setting a pick" and it draws a foul on the player initiating it if it's flagrant. This wasn't; so no foul on Rojas. That anyone would thing Roglic is at fault has never been in a tight sprint and had to adjust to another rider.
It negated the sprint and everyone can go home happy.

What’s bad about Wellens?
I just don't like him very much, but most of that is based on his early pro career. There was a lot buzz when he became pro (coming from a strong cycling dynasty), he himself also had lofty expectations/ambitions, then there was the reality show/documentary "Jonge Benen" which featured him as "leader of the pack" with some other guys (Vervaeke, Stuyven, De Bie) and the fact that every time something didn't work out, there was always something or someone else to blame, or some excuse to be found. Like the time he was going all in for the Belgian NC ITT about 5 years ago (he had prepared for it and it was one of his big goals), and he got schooled like a first grader, so then he had to start looking for excuses. Or when he tried to ride the TDF for GC, but noticed almost immediately that it was above his abilities... and he didn't understand because in the U23, he was just as good as Kelderman and Aru (according to him) and those guys did do great in GC's.

I mean, imagine a guy thinking he's Evenepoel, but in reality being Wellens. I think he's made a mental leap since then, and has made his peace with being who he is. He's become more down to earth, calmer, modest etc. But for me to be a fan... that ship has sailed.

• Wow
Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS